• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington PSS questions

pepperbelly

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Worth, Texas
I am thinking hard about trading for a used PSS. The current owner isn't any better at taking pics than I am, so I have a few general questions.

The pics he sent of the muzzle seem to show a standard, rounded crown, not a recessed or square cut crown. Is this correct of a PSS barrel? He measured the barrel at 26" so I doubt it has been cut. There are no visible dings or scratches on the muzzle. It just looks different from what I was expecting, but my memory ain't what it used to be.

He said it has the old style Remington trigger, not the X trigger. Are these worth messing with or is that something I would need to change?

Is there anything specific I should be aware of on a used PSS?

I hate to pester anyone with these questions, but I want to make very sure I don't miss something. I will be trading my DPMS SASS for the PSS plus cash. I have finally admitted that I won't be using the SASS for what it is really good for and just basically want an accurate bolt rifle. I shoot seldom enough that having the SASS in the safe is just a waste.

Jim

The older Remington triggers are very good when adjusted correctly. No need to replace it. IMHO.

Regards,
Paul

Nevermind. While I was looking at pics, asking questions and reading about the PSS someone else bought it.
Oh well, I wanted a 5R Milspec anyway. I'm not in a hurry, and if the right rifle doesn't come along I will just keep shooting the SASS.

My first bolt (other than .22) was a PSS. Great gun! Dropped it in a AICS and shot lots of rounds. The 5R will serve you just as well, if not better.