• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Remington R1 Enhanced Threaded, Sig 1911 and Colt Rail Gun Question

Cold_Bore_88

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2013
The Woodlands, TX
I currently own a Colt Rail Gun and love it. Zero failures. I have it where I like it minus 2 things. I need raised sights and a threaded barrel. The threaded barrel can be sent to any of the major custom builders (Nighthawk, Wilson, etc.) for a match grade fit. It will just cost $300-400. The raised sights are also proving difficult to find. Nighthawk sells some but they are only for Novak cut sights. Does anyone have advice on where to go from here? Sell the colt and fork over another 2K for a Nighthawk AAC? Have the barrel custom made? Just find the highest sights that fit?

This led me to the Remington R1 Enhanced Threaded. Not a lot out there as far as reviews go. Anyone have any advice?

Also, should I just get a threaded sig? Can they take Novak cut sights? It seems dumb that sig makes suppressor ready 1911s with low pro sights.

Put these on your Rail Gun with a Threaded Barrel! Unless your Rail Gun is different mine has Novak Cuts in it from the factory.

Suppressor Sights for 1911s - Sights - Parts & Accessories

Mine looks like a Novak cut as well. I even emailed Nighthawk and asked if they would fit but they came back and said they wouldn't. I am not sure if you had a different experience. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407942269.832047.jpg

This is a picture of my sight. Looks very Novak to me. Lol.

I was going off the research I did when I bought my rail gun. Colt list that they use Novak Sights. (Carry Dot) I was only aware of one style of Novak cut.

Sent from my IPhone 5S.