• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

remington r15

noack920

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2010
TX
I was just seeing if anybody has contacted remington to see if the r15 could shoot nato? I know that it probably could, but with warranty issues I didn't know if you could b/c on their website it doesn't say 5.56/223. Just wondering if anyone has any intelligence on this.

Thanks
Any input!

Re: remington r15

Have not contacted Remington, but have read the barrels are marked ".223" (as is the product literature) so wouldn't recommend shooting 5.56 in them.

I have a Bushmaster Predator (the R15 is made by Bushmaster, but with a lighter barrel) that claimed to have a "hybrid" chamber capable of firing either round. In reality, 5.56 was too hot for it and resulted in blown primers.

Regardless of what the manufacturer's tech support people claim, I would not shoot 5.56 in anything that doesn't say 5.56 on the barrel.

Remington is Shrubmaster, which is DPMS. I don't know if Remington imparts better quality control than the other two, but the components are the same, and therefore not always of the best quality. My advise is to keep looking.

Armalite, WOA, and several other companies with better quality control produce better target/varmint guns.

Mine was definitely marked 223.

Havent ran any mil spec 5.56 through it...

Other than that it shot very well for me FWIW.