• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington RACS

Alcatraz

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2013
hello, has anyone purchased one of these RACS, and does anyone know the price, reliability, compatibility for an R700, and if civilians can purchase one and how?
:confused:

accessory_RC_RACS_1_ss.jpg

Last edited:
Cadex Defense makes basically the same thing, check out Drake Associates. They go for about 2k + change. as far as a real RACS not sure who sells them (besides remington) but im sure you can expect it to cost even more.

There is another thread here on the Hide on this chassis. Apparently there is one at American shooters in Las Vegas, price tag is $4000 according to the post.

is that just for the stock because I saw on Remington's website that they are selling just the stock, I emailed them about it but never heard anything back from them :(

Do your homework you will find that the Cadex chassis being sold now has a few upgrades over the RACS, which Cadex helped to build/design in the first place. If you are one of those types that just has to have what they see the military snipers carrying then happy hunting, hope you have deep pockets & patience.

The Drake guys are good people and easy to deal with.

I picked up one of the few short action racs that were released to industry partners. It is currently on its way over to AJ Browns shop for a M40e1 build that ive been trying to put together for some time now. Distributor pricing is just below 4k with suggested retail at 4500. IMHO the chassis is excellent and it's fit and finish matches that of the other similar chassis on the market. I personally like the folding stock that retains the bolt handle. Also I am very fond of the wire cuts for electronics retention and the rail sections. The AI mags that were supplied with the kit were a little tight when mocked up and were just riding on the lower part of my bolt, but with a regular 700 remington action were spot on. Ive heard that the SHOT demos adjustment knobs got pretty loose from all the finger banging at the show. Grip is awesome. The stock does grab attention but is costly. The rumor that I heard from a friend at rem def was that there were only a few made for SHOT and the USMC contract. USMC ditched the original stock idea for the light weight version. So the remaining few that were left on the shelf were released to certain individuals and companies as build demos for SHOT and such. Was also told that the stocks price was figured as a divided total of he cost of production on the first run. Again just rumors but from a pretty reliable source. Bottom line is you most likely wont find one for sale under 4.5 k unless someone needs the cash, and those who have them were encouraged not to sell them. This is similar to the MPLA china doll lowers from magpul. With that said, there is only 1 that I know of that is listed forsale deep in google land, but its more of a hey I have one of these for hits on their website. The Cadex stock is an improved version of the racs, but apples for apples I'm not really that fond of the lines and girth of the system. But it is a nice stock system. If you have any questions shoot me a PM and ill try and help. I'm currently outside CONUS so ill post some pics when I get back home in June. My build specs are below if there is any interest. Help or comments on the glass and mount would be greatly appreciated.

Builder- AJ Brown, thanks again AJ your a magician and the best at what you do.
Action- Defiance custom medium action, sheep port, round bolt knob, medium flutes, standard profile/tang, navy gray.
Chassis- Remington Racs short action in black. Top rail machined to fit the medium action in navy gray.
Barrel- Obermeyer 1:10 24" m40 taper, custom ltr style fluting, navy gray.
Trigger- Huber 2.5# - took forever but was well worth it.
Brake- AAC Titan 92-tooth.
Bipod- Atlas.
Can- AAC Titan QD - Thanks Mike for the epic low number and other favors along the way.
Glass- Leupold Mark 4 6.5x20 M5 with horus 27.
Mount- Spuhr 1-piece.

Regards,

Jesse James

Last edited:
Cadex Defense makes basically the same thing, check out Drake Associates. They go for about 2k + change. as far as a real RACS not sure who sells them (besides remington) but im sure you can expect it to cost even more.

Cadex actually helped Remington design their chassis.

Very true. Cadex was paid to assist in the design and programming of the original racs chassis. Remington tweaked the design and found an American company to manufacture the product for t&e and modifications for the psr contract for the MSR. The original intent was to produce the racs for sale to the public. However, cost to profit margins were not within the market demand due to the AIX chassis and other competitors. Rem Def will deliver their gov contracts first and then revaluate the market. Drake pretty much has exclusivity to the Cadex chassis which is really not the same but looks similar. I think they got it right with the removable bottom and the mag well. I'd still have to give the stock and rail to remington though.

I was actually at American Shooters here in Vegas a couple of days ago, it's now being sold as a complete rifle with a price tag of $6775.00.