• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington Rangmaster Needs some smithing

Jl89

Private
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2019
Quick question, I have an old Remington Rang-master, the one with the thick barrel. It's needs some work , some stuff with the bolt is really messed up. It’s slides out when you open it and the pin seems to spring forward when you rack the bolt. It was at my dads and someone tried to break the lock off of it when they broke in and we'll, she needs some help. Also some cosmetic scuds on the bottom but really primarily concerned about the function. Looking for a smith who knows what he is doing. I’m in Fort Worth Tx but I don’t mind a drive or even sending it to a smith who is good. Any recommendations. Thanks!!!

I would check with Ahlman's in Minnesota. That's the only place I know of who may have parts and general repair gunsmiths to go with them. There is a guy over towards Granbury, but I've heard he's a huge asshole.

Ahlmans normally has all the stuff you can't find anywhere else. I don't know if the old man is still around; buts he's fixed up some stuff for my dad years ago, couldn't find anywhere else. Worth a shot

*shit. Your in Texas. Maybe call and see if they have the parts.

Might be some ones worth a call on that link.

Yeah, ol’ Merle can be a prick, he picks his work that way.