• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington recoil lug on a Stevens 200

Buster95

Private
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2008
Montreal Canada
I have a Stevens 200 in 300 win mag and I just bought a McGowen pre fit heavy barrel in 300 win mag too, I have a EGW Remington recoil lug without the alignment pin (part #38010) and I would like to now if it will fit on the Stevens without any troubles, the barrel shank size of the Remington and savage are the same?

I just read ... Without alignment pin. It will work but I'd imagine it may be a pain to square up. I've never run one on a Savage without a pin / dowel.

Last edited:
You can get a action wrench from Brownell's that helps in the alignment of the recoil lug on Rem. and Savage actions. We use the Holland lugs a lot as well. We had to take the one end of the action wrench with the cut out for the lug and machined it so it would work with the Holland lug etc...

Some of the newer Savage actions have a 1.125" thread. If you have a newer target action you will have to open up the hole on some of the lugs to use them.

I prefer to pin my lugs to the action and be done with it though.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels