• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington Replica

EVILFORCE

Private
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2008
Nothern Cali
I am thinking of selling one of my replica M40 rifles. It is new in the box. Even have a coin to go with it for the right deal. Dont know what it is worth. I payed to much for it but it is cool. Has anyone seen one sold in awhile?

Edited to ad I have the Leupold M-40 scope also.

Re: Remington Replica

One can be had for $1650 on another site (no scope). Scope and rings for $799 on yet another site... I just happen to be looking for one. I've seen them go as high as $2000 and as low as $1259 without the scope.

About those coins.
I bought an M40 but it did'nt have the coin.It did have the letter of authenticity, I think the first guy to the box got it.
Should it have come with the coin??
It was an instock rifle,If I had ordered it I surely would have raised hell.
Curt

I believe only the 1st 500 rifles had the coin. So up to SN SA0500 should have the coin. No big deal if its missing, the rifles shoot beautiful right out of the box!

My serial # is in the low 200's.

But what are your thoughts on bedding this thing.
Would it detract from it's value?

I think it needs it, it's just sitting there in that wood,I did adjust the trigger down, it's pretty light now.
I loaded up some Sierra 175's and have shot it out to 600 yrds,
It shoots ok, I need to do some load developement on it. I really don't shoot it that much.
Curt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Netz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But what are your thoughts on bedding this thing.
Would it detract from it's value?</div></div>

Since you have shot, it is now a used rifle and you have already lowered the value. I do not think a quality bedding job would lower its current value (as a used rifle).

Dave P