• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington rifle problems exposed

Hummer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2009
SC Cradle of the Confederacy
Tomorrow night on CNBC 10/20/2010 at 2100 hrs there is going to be a hour long program on how dangerous the 700s are from a safety standpoint.
Obviously a hatchet job some bastard has dreamed up to make Remington look bad.

Re: Remington rifle problems exposed

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hummer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tomorrow night on CNBC 10/20/2010 at 2100 hrs there is going to be a hour long program on how dangerous the 700 are from a safety standpoint.
Obviously a hatchet job some bastard has dreamed up to make Remington look bad. </div></div>

LOL saves us a trip to the Walmart to see just how bad they are
grin.gif

Ahhh "PROPAGANDA" they did it to the 3 wheeler ATV's back in the 80's, AMT & a few others got put the grnder as well, its only fair Remington gets their turn.

I say the same thing about Glock. And I trust my life to one everyday. Its not because its a bad product, its due to proportions.

If you sell 1000 units of a gun, you may hear of one case of bad product. But if you sell 10 million units, even at 1 in 10000, you still have 1000 reports of bad product. That doesn't mean they don't make a quality product, just that more people buy them, and therefore more horror stories arise.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hummer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tomorrow night on CNBC 10/20/2010 at 2100 hrs there is going to be a hour long program on how dangerous the 700s are from a safety standpoint.
Obviously a hatchet job some bastard has dreamed up to make Remington look bad. </div></div>

Actually I have seen most of the objections thus far as this piece has made the rounds.

Yes it is written from the perspective of guns are bad and drags every possible safety issue that has ever been known about the 700 (even if it has nothing to do with products sent out the door today) as if they all applied right now.

That all being said, I think it makes some valid points and does generally convey an accurate impression. Remington is a brand that was purchased by a company that doesnt give two craps about the quality going out the door from the shooter perspective, only in terms of how it will affect financial performance.

I.e. today's Remington is run from the perspective of "gaining efficiency across brands with bushmaster and other properties" and "targetting an optimized cost/value matrix with regards to quality product" rather than doing what Remington used to do: make sure every single firearm going out the door is done right the first time, to the best of their ability.

I'd like to see it.

My gunsmith knows the full history on them. In the C prefix and later actions the little piece of sheet metal that is part of the safety that keeps the bolt from opening when on safe was removed. This was done so you could cycle the bolt to unload the chamber with the safety on.

The 30th incident that involved someone being shot with a M700 flipped off safe prompted this change. It was a mother shooting her own son back at camp after a day of hunting.

The A, B, and no prefix actions lock the bolt. The return to factory work for the pre-C guns is simply cutting the metal tab off.

I personally had a rifle with a M700 type trigger and safety that would release the firing pin when the safety was pushed off. It was not a M700 rifle, rather a $7000 high end rifle people think is the shit that really is just shit without the "the" in front of it.

The problem is real.

Oh yeah another good story from the liberals. As a rider of two three wheelers since I was about six years old I have come to love stories like these. We all know 3 wheelers tip over on their own and kill people... Guns must fire at will now days killing people all over the world eh?
Fuck liberal loonys.

I don't have much use for the press these days because the only thing you know to be true when you see it is that you paid your power bill to operate your TV. As for content I don't put any stock in anything they say unless it is Fox news.
I was talking to a friend who was engineer at Remington today and he had not heard about it and will be watching tomorrow to see what they say.
He told me something interesting. Marlin has moved to Ilion and will be producing there.

Interesting that all of this comes to light in an election year.

I have a simple fix. If it does has a fault,
DON'T POINT A LOADED RIFLE AT PEOPLE YOU DO NOT INTEND TO ENGAGE/KILL!
I think I am a genius

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hummer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tomorrow night on CNBC 10/20/2010 at 2100 hrs there is going to be a hour long program on how dangerous the 700s are from a safety standpoint.

I submit to them, poly-ticts and the media have killed more people that all the 700 Remington's ever have, or ever will. A Mechanical safety is but a device backup to stupidity. If a problem with Mechanical devices were all that important, why do cars, an trucks, still collide with all the things they do?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShooterBilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This reporter looks like another typical ignorant gun-hater, who wouldn't know a bolt action from a sharp stick. Click this link to a photo someone put up that shows how unsafe the reporter is ... not to be trusted!

http://forum.deeranddeerhunting.com/tm.aspx?m=83170&mpage=1&key=&#83911
</div></div>

+1
The picture says it all. He has no clue. I'll bet he has never fired a gun. But ill bet he has he every starbucks, wine shop, and target mapped out around him. What an f-tard.

HAHA now all he needs to do is shoot himself in the foot! This is typical liberal idiots with nothing better to do. Put this guy over in Iraq for a day without that Remington and see how he feels about it then.

I agree it could probably be designed better and I'm sure Remington will take action to do that, But if you can't even report the story without looking like an idiot like this guy and proving what the biggest part of the problem probably is then you shouldn't be reporting it. They'll probably talk about gun safety while he's holding the gun like that.

I love guns and shooting, but that does not mean I will show blind loyalty to a manufacturer if they have legitimately ignored safety concerns. Might be better to actually watch the special before passing judgment and jumping to conclusions.

Also, CNBC is not "the liberals." They are business people and report on problems in plenty of other industries.