• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Remington Scopes - 4-12x - reliabilty and turrets?

goose_boy

Private
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2009
NW Iowa, Spencer
Hey fellas, I have a 700sps-v, in .22-250, with the 4-12x Remington scope that came as the factory combo with the hardcase and all. I bought it barely used and she shoots great. My questions are, have any of you tested the scope? How does it return to zero, how are the adjustments? I only have a 100yd public range to use right now, and it's been very cold so I haven't been able to do much testing.

Second, if it's worth it, are there external turrets available for this scope? Mostly a hunting rifle but I would like to have some fun and play with this scope while I have it. I do plan on upgrading to a Falcon Menace 4-14, but funds very tight right now since I'm laid off.

Tried to search but the search function isn't very effective IMO. Thanks guys for any info you can offer!

Re: Remington Scopes - 4-12x - reliabilty and turrets?

Damn, I can't seem to remember who makes the Remington scope, but I'm thinking that is is a lower end Bushnell until somebody here can correct me. I do remember that it isn't a very impressive piece. If that is all that you can afford, then run with it. If you can afford anything better than a $100 scope, then get it.

I'd personally worry about better optics before I tried to put target turrets on the scope. I'd look into the Bushnell 3200 10x or Super Sniper line if money is a bit tight. As always YMMV, good luck.

Tasco makes those scopes and mine didn't make it past one shooting session. I thought I would mount it a rifle I traded for just to see how it grouped and the elev. turret would not turn.

Run away, far away.

IIRC they're Bushnell Blazers made for Remington with Remington's name on 'em. Thay're total crap. Pick up a bushnell elite 3200 10X if you want a decent innexpensive scope. Also, cruise the FS section from time to time. There are usually some pretty decent deals in there...

Pretty much what I figured. It's going to have to work for right now but at least it was easy to get zeroed and has held so far.... Maybe since it's a lighter caliber it will last a little longer. I would like to put maybe a Falcon Menace on sometime, they seem to get pretty good reviews for a fair price. That and a B&C Medalist and I think I'll have a setup good enough for me. Thanks guys.