• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington sees the light! 700 SPS in 260 w/1:8 twist

RyeDaddy

Dickhole
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2009
Hellbound in Fort Worth, TX
Looks like Remington has caught on to the 6.5 craze, to be released at SHOT next week they will have the regular old hunting 700 SPS in 260 Rem with the 1:8 twist it should have started with. My guess is it's a market gauge to see about expanding their 260 lineup now that the Creedmoor is gaining popularity, they'd rather have their name on the darling cartridge.

I believe it will sell well with hunters, and who knows: in 3 years LR shooters just starting out may be able to buy a tactical rifle off the shelf from big green in 260. I could see value for guys just starting out to be able to buy something like the 5R in 260 that can handle 140's.

Maybe we'll even see match ammo from them.

Source: Rifles 2014 - SHOT Business

Its a step in the right direction...too bad they didn't go all-in with a AAC-SD variant.

This is great news!

Lets just hope it includes a varmint model and not just a sporter SPS AND>>>> wait for it>>>> it actually happens unlike the 7mm and 300 mag that were suppose to come out in 2013 that didn't.... like the 7mm remington and 300 WM SPS long range...

hmmmm, guess I will be selling off that long action stock I bought for the "SPS Long Range" and using the money toward a SPS varmint...

Last edited:
They've done it before in the varmint configuration, but the yahoos didn't twist the barrel correctly for 130-140's. Maybe they have listened to history, but I'm not holding my breath. 6.5 Creedmor would be a sure seller...

Since when do they listen to the consumer

Good for Remington. A little late in the game though.
Honestly, I'm not sure I will ever buy another factory rifle after going custom. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well If they bring the .260 to life Im willing to bet they will see alot more of their 142gr FGGM ammo on the shelves.

Good move for Remington. Too bad the chamber will have a mile of free bore just like every factory rem barrel I have.

I just hope they bring it out in the SPS Varmint, because you then get something you can work with!

To bad they're YEARS late. Makes you wonder what Remington's upper management has been doing.

Very simple, 700 5R in REM .260. Just like the other 3 cals in 5R. Had very good luck with these rifles. Minimum amount of trouble and expense to get great results. Customs are nice yes, but very expensive. There is a purity to these sticks.

Last edited:
This is great news!

Lets just hope it includes a varmint model and not just a sporter SPS AND>>>> wait for it>>>> it actually happens unlike the 7mm and 300 mag that were suppose to come out in 2013 that didn't.... like the 7mm remington and 300 WM SPS long range...

hmmmm, guess I will be selling off that long action stock I bought for the "SPS Long Range" and using the money toward a SPS varmint...

Hope you didn't because now that rifle is out and I'm planning to buy one in .300wm next month from the lgs.