• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington Sendero 300WM What should I expect?

SuperXJeff

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2008
Oregon
I am getting started with long range shooting and the Remington Sendero is where I am starting out. I know that no two are alike but in general, What should I expect as far as accuracy with a good reload? Jeff

Re: Remington Sendero 300WM What should I expect?

I'm getting between .5 to.9 inch groups at 100yds in my Sendero 300 Win Mag. I'm using Fed. cases 66.5grs of IMR 4350, large rifle magnum (can't remember if CCI or Win) and 190gr SMKs. Velocities are about 3035fps.

That is great information. I just loaded 65 grains of IMR 4350 with a Winchester Magnum Large rifle primer and SMK 190's as well as some SMK 168 BTHP Match . I loaded them just off the rifling using the sharpie method of finding the rifiling. I don't have one of those gauges yet so I am doing it the old fashioned way. Anybody havwe any information on from 600 yards and out to 1000 yards? thanks Jeff

My Sendero was junk. Couldn't get anything under 1" @100 with anything I put in it. It's now getting another tube on it. It all depends on the random quality associated with 700's.

Checked my notes last night, and I used Win. Mag. large rifle primers.

My biggest gripe with my Sendero has been the lawyer proof trigger. I'm starting to get used to it, and I can't make myself take the action out of the stock to adjust the trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cheyenne19</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Sendero was junk. Couldn't get anything under 1" @100 with anything I put in it. It's now getting another tube on it. It all depends on the random quality associated with 700's.</div></div>
Same with both of my 300wm senderos ive owned.I couldnt get anykind of decent groups with FedGMM ammo or Blackhills.I sold the first one thinking it was just that one bad rifle,but the second rifle i bought was not a shooter either.Ill never buy a Sendero again.

i have an older sendero in 300 wm. had it bedded trigger job, and it shoot between 1/2 to 3/4 moa with 190 BTHP and 208 A-Max.

I went shooting and tried a new powder charge today as well as some 190SMKBTHP loads. The 168gr SMK were loaded with 72 grains of IMR4831 with an OAL 3.375. I was using new winchester brass and LRM Winchester primers. This load is the best I have used so far. I shot a 3 shot group that was one big hole) roughly 1/4 inch) then I shot a 5 shot group that was 1/2 inch. The 5 shot group with the 190's was about an inch or so. I was more impressed with a 5 shot group with hunting bullets (190 Hornady Interlock) That was about an 1 inch or so group. I will have to try new loads as I know people rave about the SMK 190's. Oh well! This is new to me and I am learning. I have a junk scope so I am not shooting over 400 yards. I shot 2 3/8 inch with the SMK168BTHP at 400. Any help is appreciated. Jeff

Most Remington 700s will shoot between 3/4 and 1.25 MOA right out of the box. Working up a GOOD handload will help shave some off that. Very, VERY seldom will you get a rifle right out of the box that will shoot 1/2 to 3/8 MOA. But it has happened. I haven't seen it lately. But Remington used to advertise 1" groups @ 100yds. out of a stock 700 with factory loads.

Good luck in finding what you're looking for.

I have purchase a few that wouldnt shoot and they shot. I think the majority of people arent capable of shooting to the guns potential. JMO

StrumHead,
What length barrel are you using? I load 69.0 grains of IMR4530 behind a 180 grain Sierra SBT and I average 3,048 fps with a 26" barrel. The Hodgdon Reloading Data Center gives the following ranges for IMR4350 and a 190 grain bullet:

65.0 grains 2,739 fps
69.7 grains 2,957 fps

Your velocity of 3,035 fps seems high for 66.5 grains.

My Sendero has only had the trigger done. I lowered it to about 3 pounds but it's crisp and all goes at once. I really do not like them any lighter then that if I may hunt with them.Jeff,

I got one for Christmas last year. Wasn't happy with it. I tryied loads in both a 721 rebarrled in 300 Win. I would shoot one and then the other to let the first cool down.

The 721 in sporter weight barrel shoots in one hole (if I do my part sometimes).
Same loads in the Sendero were 1 to 1 1/2 inches.

Changed out stocks with an H-S, same thing. I did find that I had to hold on to it and shove it into my shoulder lots more than my 308 and 3006 rifles. The second stud on the stock at first would bump the front rest bag until I learned to stick the rifle way out on it. I even put some slick tape on the bottom of the forearm to let it ride the bags better.

For a hunting type rifle I guess it is alright, but will put a better barrel on it for compettion. I suspect that the chamber may not be in line with the barrel as well as it should be.

Anyone have more hints at getting better groups with the Sendero let me know Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperXJeff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am getting started with long range shooting and the Remington Sendero is where I am starting out. I know that no two are alike but in general, What should I expect as far as accuracy with a good reload? Jeff </div></div>

not a 300WM but mine is a stock 7RM Sendero and here is what a 5 shot group out of mine looks...
34601Retumbo.JPG

Sendero is a nice rifle, I have one in 300 Ultramag that shoots well. I had someone on here tell me they had all there Senderos re-crowned to a new type of crown that they believe was a better deal. I dont know about that but mine shoots fine.

Sendero is a nice rifle, I have one in 300 Ultramag that shoots well. I had someone on here tell me they had all there Senderos re-crowned to a new type of crown that they believe was a better deal. I dont know about that but mine is a shooter. I changed the trigger out to a jewel set to 2 lbs and put a JP Brake on it.

Sendero is a nice rifle, I have one in 300 Ultramag that shoots well. I had someone on here tell me they had all their Senderos re-crowned to a new type of crown that they believe was a better deal. I dont know about that but mine is a shooter. I changed the trigger out to a jewel set to 2 lbs and put a JP Brake on it.

I had one in .300 win mag. Shot crows at 300 with it with 200 gr sierra game kings. Ran some Fed GMM 190 SMK's at 3/4". Sounds like you are doing better.

Had another in .300 Ultra. Killed a yearling whitetail at 560 with it, 150 gr Scirrocco.

Both mine were the original matte finish, not stainless.

One has been rebarrelled and the other is getting rebarrelled.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pirate-69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">StrumHead,
What length barrel are you using? I load 69.0 grains of IMR4530 behind a 180 grain Sierra SBT and I average 3,048 fps with a 26" barrel. The Hodgdon Reloading Data Center gives the following ranges for IMR4350 and a 190 grain bullet:

65.0 grains 2,739 fps
69.7 grains 2,957 fps

Your velocity of 3,035 fps seems high for 66.5 grains. </div></div>

Measured my barrel this AM, 26 inches (I really didn't know). 3035 was the average I got according to what the chronograph said. The chronograph could be a lier, after all, it was a Chrony. I may try these loads over my MD2

I have a Sendero .300 winnie. I use 60.0 grains Re-22 and 190 SMK. I have been able to hit 8" plates at 1k and it will do .75 at 100 yards. Trigger job and Vias muzzle break only.