• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington Supercell recoil pad screws

olderthandirt

Private
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2022
Hampton, VA
Hello all,

This is my first post, but I have been reading this site and the Newsletter Forum Editions for a while. Please bear with me if I don't follow the rules perfectly yet.

I have searched this site for this answer, but I don't see any posts about it. So, here goes.

I have been wanting to obtain a Remington Supercell recoil pad for a synthetic stock ever since they entered bankruptcy. Unfortunately, they apparently have no plans to offer this item at this time., and their new parts supplier has not responded to my inquiry. I found one on ebay and purchased it, but it is without the original packaging and the screws they supplied with it. The ebay seller said I could simply use the screws from the original factory pad. I am concerned that this statement is not correct.

A check of youtube vids shows a gentleman installing one of these pads on his rifle, and the screws with his new Supercell pad do not match the screws that were used to install the original pad on my rifle. The screws used by the factory to install the original pad appear to be nothing more than 1.5" black drywall screws. The screws supplied with the new Supercell pad appear to be either chrome or stainless, and more importantly, they look like they are flange head screws.

Can anyone confirm the correct screws to use with this new pad? If they are readily available, I hope to be able to find them locally.

BTW, I have much experience loading straight wall pistol ammo but no experience loading for rifle. I may be coming back soon with some questions as I get into that process.

Thank you in advance.

The Supercell I had used similar sounding "drywall" screws. I only know as I recently moved and my Supercell sort of melted for some reason. I pulled it and put on an old pad I still had on a beat-up synthetic stock and noticed the screws from the Supercell. I will be hunting around for a replacement as the Supercell was nice for long days of the trap.