• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

remington thunder bolt ammo

Roasted Turkey

Private
Minuteman
May 18, 2010
Nebraska
This thread i made more to just warn anyone who ever thought of buying this ammo away from getting it. Today I went to my local ammo store and picked up a pack of 500 of remington's thunder bolt 22lr ammo figuring it might be a little better than bulk at almost the same price. I was wrong by a long shot. My 10/22 usually chews up and spits out bulk like a champ but not this junk. about every 2-3 rounds it would either not fire, not eject, or fumble and jam in the receiver. Unfortunately like i said i bought 500 rounds of the stuff so between my 10/22 and my walther p22 i maybe went through 1/3 of it and i may just use the rest just for my remington bolt action 22 maybe that will be better but do not buy this ammo and if you got any good info on cheap but reliable 22lr ammo im all ears.

Re: remington thunder bolt ammo

Thunder Junk, when it first came out it shot pretty good.

You never know until you try. Remington last year anounced that they were going to improve the quality of their 22 ammo. So far every report I've heard is just like yours. Thanks for adding to the pool of info on it. Fore warned is fore armed.

Donald

I have a freind who says it shoots good in his rifle.
Never got such results in any of mine.

tried it in 4 rifles [ i bought 500 also ] , 2 bolt 2 semi auto , it sucked in all of them . i dont think any of the cheap rem 22 lr ammo is any good

Meh, it's so-so for me. I have better luck with CCI Standard Velocity for cheap stuff.

The Remmy turned my 10/22 into a Jam-O-Matic,this was with the more expensive subsonics,at least with a CB Long I know I have to function it manually.