• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing remington trigger safety

NYresq

Jack Booted Thug
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2006
Long Island, NY
Hey guys and gals, I just got a surgeon action built up and I have a timney trigger new in the package, but it didnt come with the safety lever or the pins to put it on. I have used these triggers before and it requires taking the pins and levers off a donor remington trigger group.. my question is can I buy just the safety lefer and pins to hold it in place, or do I have to find and canabalize a remington pre-mark-x trigger for the parts?

and I really want to use the timney trigger as I have a couple of these and can adjust them without even thinking hard...
any ideas would help, thanks

Re: remington trigger safety

the x-mark parts wont work on those aftermarket triggers. I think Rifle Basix makes the parts you need. You will probably need a bolt release too.

you can buy these yes, you can try brownells or e-gunparts.com, but I would post a Wanted to Buy first and see if someone else has the parts you need. You may also contact Dans40X on this board as he has a few trigger parts. You will not need a bolt stop or the associated pieces for that as your Surgeon has the side bolt release. I think since you said pre-Xmark you already know that the X-Mark stuff won't work.

Dave

yes, hence the reason I said "pre-mark-x" and brownells doesnt sell the parts, just a full trigger group. I will check the egunparts site also. numerich lists it, but everything is out of stock...

thanks for the help

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NYresq</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes, hence the reason I said "pre-mark-x" and brownells doesnt sell the parts, just a full trigger group. I will check the egunparts site also. numerich lists it, but everything is out of stock...

thanks for the help </div></div>
http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/P...EM-SAF%20SAFETY

thanks, I was thinking it had to be remington parts, but that will do!!

thanks for the help Furner