• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington "Urban Sniper Rifle" (short M24?)

M24user

Private
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2020
Hi everyone. What are your opinions on the Remington “Urban Sniper Rifle” (factory version)? I’m an Australian ex "gun snob". Back in the day when I first got into bolt rifles, I fell for the “European made must be best” camp, to me, Steyr, AI, Blaser, Mauser etc MUST be the best. About twenty years after, buying/shooting/selling I thought I’d give something else a try and bought a factory new M24. Needless to say, I’m now a convert. I still like/appreciate Euro rifles (love the SSG-69 & Mauser 98), however fully appreciate non-Euro engineering. For all the high tech actions available now, I find the basic “2-lug” of my M24 smooth as. Anyway, I’m thinking of getting a USR as a short barrel option (just for fun!), any thoughts?

If your M24 is 308 then yes, why not a 18”-20“ barrel for it. If you already have a 308 barrel that is shooting good I would shorten it and get a WM bolt and spin up a 300WM barrel for theM24 and let the fun begin, I would go with a 24“ for the WM.