• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington vs Lake City Brass Capacity

MATTJULIOROD1970

Private
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2004
ky
How much less powder would one want to use in Lake City Brass if a posted load was calling for Remington Brass ??
The reason I ask is that Greg Langelius's 175gr load of 42.2 IMR 4064 in Remington Brass shoots real good in my M1A. However I only have 100 pieces of Remington Brass and plenty of LC Brass. Everything that I can find to read indicates that LC has less case capacity than Remington but how much, I cant seem to get a definite answer about.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Re: Remington vs Lake City Brass Capacity

I'd back it off at least a grain probably 1.5 in a gas gun just to be safe and then work it back up.

Cheers,

Doc

Matt,

That's a very light load in Remington brass, and the same load in LC brass would be a full power load. For a light load in LC brass, drop it back about 1.5 grains.

Don

Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback. Does anybody have any suggestions for a 175 Smk load in LC brass for a match M1A ??

Matt

I've been using 43.5 IMR-4064 with 168 & 175 SMK's for a while now with LC 91 Match brass. I have no pressure problems and haven't had any case seperations. I use these 2 loads in my TRG-22,FN-SPR,and my Kimber ATR. I use the 168 load in my M1A. Haven't used the 175's. The 168 load was what I used to use in Pac-Fleet matches out to 600yds.

So is winchester .308 brass about the same as remington brass? I am currently using LC brass with 168gr amax bullets and had some minor pressure problems. Thinking about trying some winchester brass.