• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington VTR .308

EagleVTR

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2009
Al
Good Morning,

Please go easy on me, I'm a new guy on this forum.

I recently purchased a Remington VTR .308 Up until now, I have primarily shot 10/22 and .223 Ranch Rifle. Also have done quite a bit of Black Powder, both .45 and .50 Caliber.
I would like to hear from owners of the VTR what your experiences have been and what modifications, if any, that you have performed.

Re: Remington VTR .308

First modification: Good scope and rings (Falcon, Super Sniper, Bushnell Elite for scopes) (Seekins, Badger or Burris XTR for rings)

Second Modification: Riggers Tape and Foam Cheek Pad. This will correct the stupid low comb on that stock.

Third Modification: Ammo and Trigger Time.

After the third modification you will be able to assess if you are able to take advantage of any further modifications.

What model bipod did you install? What model stock is that. Has any particular ammunition/load stood out as being superior?

dont know jack bout it other than the one i saw at the shop had a nice barrel contour that i found intrigueing so let me know how she handles,yo.

Harris BR. The stock is a B&C Medalist that I got from Stocky's. So far Sierra 168gr. MK's using 42g R-15 and fed 210 primers has been the best. I haven't tried the A-max yet, I finally was able to get some so I am going to work with them. The 150 SMK also works, but I have not fine tuned it yet. I would also like to try some of the lighter bullets.

I'm picking up a VTR for a very reasonable price used. The owner couldn't get it to shoot less that 2 moa at 100 and gave up on it. I'm thinking of working up an article on the rifle and what it takes to make it shoot sub MOA to begin with and then .5 MOA.

I just started working on my VTR, did not like factory stock with no bedding or free float so ordered a b&c medalist varmiter and a timney trigger as X-mark was 6# .Still, it shot close to 1 moa with 175 rems and 168 hornady custom. I am hoping it gets much better with mods because I passed on savage 10 fcp when I got it. I do like the balance and feel though, it will do double duty hunting and medium [500] range for now