• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington X-Mark Pro Trigger - Old versus New?

glock24

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 14, 2006
    West Michigan
    My first Remington SPS had the adjustable X-Mark Pro trigger that required the removal of the nail polish from the set screws before any adjustments could be made. This is the trigger I read about being less than repeatable if the trigger weight is set too low.

My second Remington SPS has this new version of the X-Mark Pro with only one, externally adjustable, screw used to adjust trigger weight.

Is this newer style any better?

Thanks

Re: Remington X-Mark Pro Trigger - Old versus New?

I'll be interesting in finding out myself. That original X-Mark pro is a total POS...

from what ive heard, the XMark with the one screw in the trigger shoe, some have had the trigger shoe break at the screw. FWIW i replaced my X Mark with a Rifle Basix and couldnt be happier

I've seen a couple new X-mark pro triggers come through GAP. I kinda dig the dual weight adjustment. I set the regular (hidden) weight adjustment to about 1.5# and stake it, then use the external adjustment to finish going to about 2.5#. This may not be the preferred method but I figure it idiot proofs the trigger if the shooter starts to mess with the external weight.

Ern

Every X mark trigger I have adjusted. I ended up with a Jewell. Simply to install and easy to set at the desire weight. I like the trigger to be set about 12oz. The install and setting of the trigger in about 5 minutes.
    The closest thing in Remmys triggers is the 40x trigger and it isn't that close to a Jewell.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The4thHorseman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who makes a good aftermarket trigger for the R700? I have an R-700P. </div></div>

Rifle Basix, Jewell, Shilen, Timney

I use a Rifle Basix set to about 1.5 lbs. I love my trigger, but all others are great as well, Jewells dont tolerate dirt and grime as well as the others from what ive heard. But you cannot go wrong with any of these

I never had a problem with mine. Any of those triggers would be an improvement of the X mark.