• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington X-Mark Trigger Question

JerkeeJoe

Sergeant
Banned !
Jun 5, 2006
Las Vegas
I just picked up a new 5R with the X-Mark trigger on it. I've got a AICS stock on the way for the rifle, but after some reading, I'm not sure if the x-mark safety will fit in the AICS. Am I going to need to replace the trigger or safety to fit the AICS? If so, will any aftermarket 700 trigger fit?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Joe

Re: Remington X-Mark Trigger Question

If it's a newer AICS it should drop in. If it's an older AICS a small mill cut in the stock will fix it up.

I'm in teh same situation.

Bought a 700 SPS with the X-mark and the people sending my AICS said the that the 1.5 will accept any trigger that fits into a 700.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HateCA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it's a newer AICS it should drop in. If it's an older AICS a small mill cut in the stock will fix it up. </div></div>

Good News!

When i do have the spare cash to upgrade the trigger, I assume that any aftermarket trigger will work in place of the X-Mark. Is this correct?

Thanks again for the quick answers!

Some aftermarket triggers will still need the mill cut if it's an older AICS. Most notable the Jewell trigger.

Just dropped a new sps with xmark in a new aics yesterday, fits just fine. Did have to chamfer the edge of the skins.....they were touching around the action, under pretty good pressure when seated down into the stock. And I'll be replacing the xmark asap....this particular one is terrible. My last rifle with an xmark was actually very nice, go figure.

Couldn't resist tearing into this one. Took it all apart, replaced the spring that does the pull weight with a spring off of an air valve stem (for cars), cut it a little longer than the stock spring. Cut the weight in half from it's previous lowest adjustment, which felt like 5 pounds min. No trigger scale to check weight or consistency, but til I get a new one, I'll take it. Could've just easily pulled the spring out of the weight adjustment hole and swapped it out, but didn't know where or how the spring worked at first.