• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

remington xcr and the sps!!!!

Re: remington xcr and the sps!!!!

SPS all the way. Then spend the money you save on stuff that really matters.

thanks, it's going to be an sps, I was kinda worried cause I have a leupold vx III 4.5-14x50 lr scope, putting a $1000.00 scope on a $500.00 dollar gun.....

I have the same $500 gun (SPS-V) and so far I've added:
$800 A-5 stock
$200 Jewel trigger
$1,200 in Optics/Rings/Mount (Leupy& BO)

It'll have to wait till next year to go to GAP to be trued & screwed (can't swing having 2 done at the same time ;>). That will be no less than $1,100

So what started as a cheap $500 gun will end up as a $3,800 investment. Or at least that's ho I view it.

thanks brother, looks like there are many among us!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 9sigman45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the same $500 gun (SPS-V) and so far I've added:
$800 A-5 stock
$200 Jewel trigger
$1,200 in Optics/Rings/Mount (Leupy& BO)

It'll have to wait till next year to go to GAP to be trued & screwed (can't swing having 2 done at the same time ;>). That will be no less than $1,100

So what started as a cheap $500 gun will end up as a $3,800 investment. Or at least that's ho I view it. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hank dangle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I was kinda worried cause I have a leupold vx III 4.5-14x50 lr scope, putting a $1000.00 scope on a $500.00 dollar gun..... </div></div>

"The rifle is great for shooting the bullets, but the optic is what puts them in the right place." - Pat Rogers

I had them both,

XCR LR Tactical and the SPS tactical, both are very accurate, $500 price difference. nice trigger on the XCR LR, I think its the 40X trigger, its not the Xmark pro adjustable. Sold the SPS and kept the XCR, if you can afford it get the XCR, if not go with the SPS and work from there.