• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reminton 40-xs tactical

paco1952

Private
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2009
New Jersey
Aim looking to compete in Tactical events, I am looking into the Remington model 40-xs Tactical rifle from their custom shop, I would like to have some feedback, if I should chose this rifle or send one to be made by an gunsmith. They make the 308 and 338 lapua.

Thnx...

Re: Reminton 40-xs tactical

What's the cost on one of those?

Can't imagine you couldn't do better by just calling GAP or Surgeon and ordering one of their ready to go rifles.

Jason

Wow, I would pass on both for those prices. You'd be ahead of the game to just go with GAP or someone similar and get a pre-build or custom.

Damn! Build your own for that or quite a bit less with exactly the components you want and probably better accuracy. There are several gunsmiths on here that have great reputations, or you can ask for some that are close to your area.

Buy one of the used ones in the firearms for sale section.You can have one by next week.Save $$$ for barely used from good builders.338l wouldn't be the best choice for tactical matches.Very expensive and mucho recoilio.If you don't reload then 308 or 6.5 Creedmoor would be fine.

Steve

save your coins and get a TRG42, ie 3600, then get nightforce 5.5x22x56. you will be in the hole for 5gs. its much better setup

We just ordered this gun for a customer with pictured scope , mounts , bipod and case . Complete ready to shoot in .338 lapula was under 6000.00.
Wait time is 4-5 months
40xs.jpg

Just watch the Guns For Sale section. There have been more than a few very good rifles minus scopes going for a fair bit below $3000. They already have the goodies that you will have to add to the Remington 40X.

The 40X, when I called, comes with trigger (Remington part that is) and barrel length of your choice, but bolt knobs, DBM, and stocks will be the way she comes normally. The 40X is a fine rifle, but for the price quoted, you can get way more bang for the buck.

Just my $.02, worth at least that much.............

Just looked at the above post again. Damn!!!!! $6000?