• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remm 700 PSS

diGGer

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2008
NY
Got this rifle as a turn in by state police. Finally got it out to the range to work it out. It came topped with a leupold MkIV 3.5-10. I added Harris legs. Wasn't ready for a serious session. Just wanted to take advantage of the weather and the opportunity to light up some paper. I tried 4 different loads with mixed results.
Rem match 168 sierras
m118 LC 66 173's
reloads with 41.2 gr of 4895 pushing a 168 A-MAX
some old hunting loads with 42 gr 4064 pushing a 170 gr flat point.
shot at 100 and 200. best group at 100(5shot) just under 1"
200 was strange as group moved 3" higher but just under 2" spread. I have to get used to trigger, thick wrist on stock. Best group was from cold bore and it was the factory remington match!!! What are you all starting with for this particular stick? Any guidence will be appreciated. I have about 5 different powders in the locker which include 4895, 4064, and 0335. Don't remember the others off the top of my head

Re: Remm 700 PSS

Thanks Joey!!!! Will do a report as soon as I load some and get another range day!!! Semper Fi