• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Remmy SA stock measurements?

ejg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2008
Ireland
www.pse-composites.com
Would someone know what the ideal measurement between bottom metal and action is? Measurement at the front and rear action screw. Just making a stock for a Remmy SA and would like most aftermarket mag systems to be kind of drop in.
I have the measurements of the tupperware SPS stock, but is that correct?

thanks
edi

Re: Remmy SA stock measurements?

Hi Edi, this is something Ive had to look at myself only recently, my conclussion is that there is usually a little tweaking needed in order to fit any of the aftermarket bottom metal out there. If you go with the factory metal you already have, you'll be good to go, this will leave enough meat on the stock for most of the aftermarket stuff if a guy decides to fit one later. You wont get to please everyone out there so its probably best to stick with the factory bottom metal and let the customer make the small changes himself to fit an aftermarket job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gamma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Edi, this is something Ive had to look at myself only recently, my conclussion is that there is usually a little tweaking needed in order to fit any of the aftermarket bottom metal out there. If you go with the factory metal you already have, you'll be good to go, this will leave enough meat on the stock for most of the aftermarket stuff if a guy decides to fit one later. You wont get to please everyone out there so its probably best to stick with the factory bottom metal and let the customer make the small changes himself to fit an aftermarket job. </div></div>

Thanks, not sure if I expressed myself right, what I'm looking for is the standard measurement if one would make a stock from scratch for a remmy SA distance between bottom metal and action, or what is the ideal length of pillars so that fitting mag systems would require the least work.
regards
edi

Got some measurements off Pete from Roedale. (thanks Pete)
Very close to what a remmy sps stock has.
Hopefully all sorted for now.

edi