• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

removal of bullet sealant

steve marshall

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2006
grafton nh
I have a quantity of de-milled 30-06 brass. When I resized four or five there was black stuff all over my decapping pin which I'll assume is bullet sealant. How do I easily remove this?

Re: removal of bullet sealant

I had some brass that had the sealer in them from Pat's. What I did was tumbled them in my vibratory with corn cob and some mineral spirits. I let it run for 1/2 hour them I wet tumbled them in my Thumlers Tumbler with water, joy soap and stainless steel media.

I use the same method to get the sealer off surplus bullets! The only difference is I tumble the bullets in a rotary tumbler!

Make sure you wash them out with hot water and some soap, then let them dry!

Hope this helps!

Terry

Re: removal of bullet sealant

Having de-milled hundreds of military cases, the best and easiest way I have found is a Q-tip and brake cleaner. Its tedius, time consuming and a PIA, but it works with the least mess.

Bullets are easy. Place them in a plastic bowl, spray brake cleaner and swirl them around. Take a paper towl and absorb the liquid (which will be black)