• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Removing a KAC URX II handguard>

el gordo2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
San Antonio, Tejas
I am wanting to take off a Knight's URX II carbine hand guard from a AAC 9" upper and replace it with something longer for a suppressed 300 BO. Would anyone have the proper wrench for a rental, a name of someone that could do it for a small fee. Looking around the wrench is still over $100 and I don't want to spend that on a one time thing. I don't know if this is the right place but I give it a whirl and see.

Thanks EG2

EG2,

You're probably going to be better off having someone do it for you instead of trying to rent a wrench unless you know which barrel nut is on your URX2. Knights made two different barrel nuts and it'd be a shame to rent a wrench and find out you have the other style barrel nut.

Marvin Pitts replaced a URX2 with a URX 3.1 for me earlier this year. His contact info is:

[email protected]

Aaron (sp?) also replaces URX rails and offers it on his website - www.boltcarrier.com

E-mail: [email protected]

Regards.

Paul

EG2,

You're probably going to be better off having someone do it for you instead of trying to rent a wrench unless you know which barrel nut is on your URX2. Knights made two different barrel nuts and it'd be a shame to rent a wrench and find out you have the other style barrel nut.

Marvin Pitts replaced a URX2 with a URX 3.1 for me earlier this year. His contact info is:

[email protected]

Aaron (sp?) also replaces URX rails and offers it on his website - www.boltcarrier.com

E-mail: [email protected]

Regards.

Paul

Thanks mucho Paul, I appreciate the contacts.

I've used Marvin for several projects over the years, all with excellent results.

He's a bit slow sometimes, but, hey, you can't hurry art.

+2 for boltcarrier.com. Ayan is fast, reasonable, does a great job and only specializes in KAC stuff.
You will be happy.

I was going to suggest boltcarrier.com also, great company and they can get it done for you. Knight$ makes great stuff but invidual parts and stuff is fucking rape.

I have several knights rifles. What I didn't realize is that the proprietary barrel nut and URX bs make it impossible to remove without their tools. There are only a few around that have these tools and the know how to get it done. Love my knights stuff, it is just a bitch to make any material changes to it.