• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Removing Blue Loctite

Dsparil

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2006
Albrightsville, PA
how? turn rifle upside and place a candle over the screws where they've been sealed shut?

I put way too much and I can't even get my allen head screwdrivers inside the screws. How do you get rid of this shit?

thanks

Re: Removing Blue Loctite

Heat them a bit with the small propane torch flame. Use the 1/4 inch drive bits from the auto supply store with the proper allen head drives. Tap them in after heating the screws and they shoould be easy to remove. If too hard, use the comparable Torx head drivers and beat the drivers into the stripped heads and unscrew them. Throw the screws away. Ever after, only put the Loctite on the screw heads, not the threads. Put a bit of cotton cloth into the heads to wick the excess off after tightening the screws, then throw that away. JMHO

wow, this topic is about 30 minutes too late as i just stripped a screw trying to take a base off.

anyone know if home depot carries multi spline extractors?

I think so, or the type that is "counterclockwise"
digs in as you try to loosen.
Or get a left hand twist drill bit..
Try heating first with a soldering iron or small propane torch.
I have had luck "tapping" in a larger sacrifical "torx" wrench with a small hammer...
Andy