• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Removing buffer tube that has blue loctite

URGILOVERR

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2023
USA
I need to remove my buffer tube and install an offset buffer retainer I tried and it won’t really budge I didn’t put a lot of blue loctite just a few drops (recommended by manufacturer becuse the stock assembly won’t allow for staking) should I heat the lower up a little with some map gas or the buffer tube itself? Don’t want to damage anything. Should I use a heat gun or propane torch?

Last edited:
hot water should loosen it if it's blue it should not take much if it's a screw or nut you could always use a soldering iron if you have one handy .

Reactions: TACC
Should I heat the lower itself where it connects or the buffer tube near that area ?
They’re both 7075 aluminum if you don’t have junk parts so I don’t know how much it matters. I’d probably apply heat from the front and or top of the arch.