• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Removing glued on recoil pad - Grayboe Stock

Any difference on an HS Precision? And if you wanted to add weight to the butt to better balance the rifle - recommendations, please. I.e., should I mix birdshot with epoxy, bedding compound, etc?

Thanks and God bless America.

HS Precision ones are glued on (at least mine was). I never added weight though. Like the OP, I just wanted a better recoil pad than the solid piece of rubber that came with the stock/rifle.

I have taken off quite a few pads on the Renegades. They have all had two allen heads and some are glued and some are not. Just what I have seen.

Casey

Don’t worry about it

I've had limbsaver pads, 2 actually, that broke down and got sticky after 3 or 4 yrs. The first one I figured I'd got solvent on, no way but it had to be something. When the 2nd one started breaking down and getting gummy, I chalked it up to limbsaver. Never had a pachymar decelerator do that.

No way would I glue a limbsaver on. I really wouldn't use one unless it was a prefit model, no way I'd take time to properly fit one.

grayboe and h-s are both glued on. To replace the pad or install a spacer system I cut them off and start over. If weight is to be added both stocks have a cavity you can easily add epoxy/lead shot into, then reinstall your new pad/spacer system.