• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Removing P.A Flash Hider

BigBoss0311

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2009
Allen, TX
Alright did a search and couldn't find anything so here it goes;
I have an LWRC M6A3 with P.A. A2 flash hider. I was thinking of getting a can for it but I keep hearing words like "baffle strikes" and "large POI shift" with the cans that attach to them. So I was wondering how difficult a process it is to remove the A2 flash hider and attach a KAC QD Flash suppressor. Thanks and happy shooting.

Re: Removing P.A Flash Hider

Most AR barrels are threaded by indexing off of the barrel OD, which works fine for flash suppressors and muzzle brakes. For a suppressor, you need to have the barrel threaded by indexing off the bore centerline. This is very frequently <span style="font-style: italic">not</span> aligned with the OD of the barrel, even on high-end aftermarket barrels. Some will be better than others of course, but you'll be time and money ahead to send your barrel somewhere that specializes in sound suppressors, and having them thread the muzzle.

First get concentric threads, then install the QD suppressor mount. This will eliminate the baffle strikes, but not necessarily the POI shift. I don't know if this answered your question or not. You can probably simply unscrew the FH and screw on a QD mount, but you're going to have to live with baffle strikes that way.