• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RemX ammo testing!

BigDaddy0381

I see you too!
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 13, 2010
    Georgia
    I finnaly got to put the remX together with the proof comp contour Barrel, Elfman R700 trigger, AG composite stock. Threw a element optic titan on it and off for some testing. All in all I think this might be a good shooter
    The set up
    thumbnail_20220219_110711.jpg

These two groups were @ 50 yards and 10 shots
    20220219_110829.jpg
    20220219_110946.jpg

This was 50 yards and 20 shots.

20220219_112919.jpg

The arca is the weighted area 419 one.
    Then I added 3/4 pound tungsten powder to the but stock. It's nice and heavy.

Reactions: sparkyv
    This is some random pics of the tungsten powder in the butt stock. I took the cheek rise off and drilled the 1/2 holes and wallowed around inside the stock. Then filled and left 1/4 inch gap in the holes. then filled up with bedding compound, When that dried I lightly sanded it down to look smooth. its not noticeable unless I point it out. the red is actually how much I got out and refilled with the powder. I'll get some pics of the sanded and finished product. Now I think I'll do this to some of my other stocks.

thumbnail_20220216_194850.jpg

thumbnail_20220216_194416.jpg
    thumbnail_20220216_194548.jpg
    thumbnail_20220216_194622.jpg
    thumbnail_20220216_201638.jpg
    thumbnail_20220216_195516.jpg
    thumbnail_20220216_194414.jpg
    thumbnail_20220216_194712.jpg

thumbnail_20220216_195525.jpg

thumbnail_20220216_195954.jpg
    thumbnail_20220216_200732.jpg

Last time I looked into tungsten powder, it was either extremely expensive for pure, or was mixed with quite a bit of something else since the stated density was low.

I bought this off a guy here. that little bottle was just over 2 pounds when full. I'm not sure if I'll use the rest yet or not. So, I might have a little up for grabs,,lol

Last time I looked into tungsten powder, it was either extremely expensive for pure, or was mixed with quite a bit of something else since the stated density was low.
    Tungsten is not inexpensive any way you go about it. I added 1.2 pound tungsten around bar in the butt of a stock. Bought the tungsten from McMaster-Carr and the lowest grade was $150 for a 4" piece.

Reactions: BigDaddy0381
    I finnaly got to put the remX together with the proof comp contour Barrel, Elfman R700 trigger, AG composite stock. Threw a element optic titan on it and off for some testing. All in all I think this might be a good shooter
    The set up
    View attachment 7812474

These two groups were @ 50 yards and 10 shots
    View attachment 7812475View attachment 7812476

This was 50 yards and 20 shots.

View attachment 7812479
    I don't know what you plan to do with this gun or what kind of accuracy you're looking for. but it does look like you're serious about what your doing. A few thoughts on your ammo testing. Forget the CCI stuff. One of the least accurate most inconsistent ammos being produced today. The CCI group is not good considering the quality of your build. It contains every problem you can encounter . Fliers, windage and elevation stringing. Your other two groups show potential. But remember this! It's not the name on the box a gun likes it's the lot number.

Just some NRL22 stuff and plink with.
    Yup, I got 1200 of the same lot of ths RWS and looking for the eley. So far just 150 rounds down the barrel. I don't think is where it going to be just yet

I don't know what you plan to do with this gun or what kind of accuracy you're looking for. but it does look like you're serious about what your doing. A few thoughts on your ammo testing. Forget the CCI stuff. One of the least accurate most inconsistent ammos being produced today. The CCI group is not good considering the quality of your build. It contains every problem you can encounter . Fliers, windage and elevation stringing. Your other two groups show potential. But remember this! It's not the name on the box a gun likes it's the lot number.
    I've had good results with CCI-SV in several rifles, that were on par or better than SK Rifle Match in those. The problem is trying to run CCI-SV in a tight chamber, which is what actual match grade chambers are. I've seen some videos of people having acceptable "practice" results using CCI-SV in Vudoo and RimX, but I'm not going to put it in mine...for the same reason you don't run 87 octane gas in a race car. 😎

My RimX shoots CCI SV with better accuracy than Lapua Center X and the ES is usually within 10 FPS ES with the rare flyer but it is definitely “tight” in the chamber and if the mag is slightly off or there’s pressure on the mag against a barricade it might off that it won’t chamber.
    Great for practice inside of 200yarda and for barricade.
    Eley Match (black box) and Eley Tenex (Red box) has been good to me up to 400 yards for more serious work but the SV is great for bulk practice.

This was the other test rounds. The lapua looks the best of those 3 . I think the RWS or eley will be the best for now.. any suggestions on anything else to try? Any 1 off boxes up for sale?
    20220219_110957.jpg
    20220219_110921.jpg
    20220219_110853.jpg

Last edited:
    This was the other test rounds. The lapua looks the best of those 3 . I think the RWS or eley will be the best for now.. any suggestions on anything else to try? Any 1 off boxes up for sale?
    View attachment 7815784View attachment 7815785View attachment 7815786
    One thing That stands out on all your groups is the excessive amount of vertical. A tuner would probably eliminate most of it but there are a couple of things you might look before spending money on a tuner. One is playing with action screw torque settings. the other is forend pressure when you shoot and bipod placement. All 3 can effect vertical shot placement. Also after looking at your gun again it looks like you may be shooting suppressed. If you are, suppressors can effect accuracy. Most of the time in a negative way!

Reactions: sparkyv and st1650
    Just some NRL22 stuff and plink with.
    Yup, I got 1200 of the same lot of ths RWS and looking for the eley. So far just 150 rounds down the barrel. I don't think is where it going to be just yet
    In these times where 22LR match ammo is scarce and expensive I would drop the coin for an ATS tuner. You can tune and still run suppressed and I've seen good results posted. I just got one myself but haven't had a chance to hit the range with it.

Reactions: Boxerglocker
    In these times where 22LR match ammo is scarce and expensive I would drop the coin for an ATS tuner. You can tune and still run suppressed and I've seen good results posted. I just got one myself but haven't had a chance to hit the range with it.
    Any tuner... I personally prefer and have the EC tuner which sits further forward on a threaded barrel and weigh ls almost twice as much overall.

Have a some buds that use the EC and I know they are good ones. My only recommendation for ATS is I can still use my can in front of it.
    Can the EC do that ?
    In its standard form with adapter no, but on a match 22lr I wouldn't use a can or brake. You could have your barrel spun to incorporate the EC Tuner with exposed threads to do it. My next barrel will be milled for one with exposed 11 degree. crown. I've run both the EC and ATS nothing wrong with either as I said just a preference for my 22.

Last edited:
    I got to run out for some more testing and barrel seasoning. This was 20 shots at 50yards with the RWS rifle match. I magnito speed the shots @ 1057 with a 8fps spread among the 20 shots. this was off a bipod and rear bag.
    Screenshot_20220226-175951_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
    That’s a sweet looking setup nicely done. Good luck at the NRL22 match.

Reactions: CBeck