• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remy 700 SPS-Varmint not extracting

idharper

Private
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2009
Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum and have just purchased a remy 700 sps-varmint with a choate stock to have a go at longer range shooting. However I am experiencing a problem and wonder if anyone can offer some advice. I am trying to bed it in with some cheapish MEN 7.62 ammo, however after each shot it is taking up to a minute or so for the cartridge to cool down enough for me to extract it.

There is nothing obvious when examining the cartidges or the chamber. I have asked a few guys locally and get various stories such as "try more expensive ammo" (that was the shop who sold it me !!) and "a remy 700 should take almost anything in 7.62 or .308".

I am hoping to try some .308 Prvi ammo this weekend to see if its any better.

Thanks in advance

Ian

Re: Remy 700 SPS-Varmint not extracting

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IDH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cheapish MEN 7.62 ammo </div></div>

hey look, you answered your own question...
laugh.gif