• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remy 700P education

LibertyOptics

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2004
Kalispell Montana
www.libertyoptics.com
Hiders,

When someone says that a PSS .308 has a "pre Xmark trigger" and "no J lock" what does this mean in practical shooter terms? Are these good things or not?

Thanks for your help.

Scott

Re: Remy 700P education

Means it has the original Remington tunable trigger and no Jlock on the bolt shroud that stupid thing that had the green handled j looking key to lock the bolt and make it inoperative.

Awesome guys!!! You rock!

One more thing(s): the gun has a "black M24ish type stock and is a BDL gun not the DM version"

I get the stock thing, but what of the BDL vs DM???

Scott

Yeah, what he said.. If you are talking factory stuff, pick the BDL over the DBM anyway... the thing I don't like about the factory Remmy DBM is that the stock has to be modified for it, and if it already is, it is an eye-sore when putting different bottom metal in it...

DD

Always replace any Rem factory scrap metal with at least Williams steel bottom metal.

Also, once a DBM, always a DBM because the feed rails are non-existent.

Ok, guys, last question, I promise...

What's a new in the box gun with these features worth? On average. Let me put it this way for simplicity. Is the gun worth $825??

You've been great. I've learned more in 5 minutes than an hour of web surfing could provide.

Thanks again!

Scott

I paid 899.00 nib- if its pre x mark its what 2006-07??
If its NIB-I'd pay that...

YMMV,
Steve