• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remy TDR 308

Runamuk

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2009
Southern IN
I just did a impulse buy on this rifle over the weekend. Thing is I know nothing about it other than it came from the Remy custom shop with a few extra's. Nice case and soft bag, Dewey cleaning rod, bore guide, attached base and a Surefire brake. It has a 20" barrel that I'm guessing is 1/12 and seems to be put together like a Remy custom rifle should be. I've done just about all the searching I can do but haven't turned up anything on this rifle. Does anyone here on the Hide know anything about it? Shot one, seen one, heard about them, anything? Haven't shot it yet, wasn't even really in the market for a new 308 but saw it and wanted it, bought it.

Re: Remy TDR 308

Used to be called the Bushmaster Counter Sniper rifle.

Hurry up with the damn range report already.

If I'm not mistaken it's a 40X variation. I don't know about lately but the 40X's they were building when mine was made were extremely accurate. The 40X is a Custom-Shop rifle. Should have "40X" stamped on the receiver where "700" is stamped on the 700's.

I had been watching one on GB that went for $2100. If it's as accurate as my 40X, I think it was a great deal. The only reason I didn't buy it is because I just bought an HS Precision RDT.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I'm not mistaken it's a 40X variation. I don't know about lately but the 40X's they were building when mine was made were extremely accurate. The 40X is a Custom-Shop rifle. Should have "40X" stamped on the receiver where "700" is stamped on the 700's.

I had been watching one on GB that went for $2100. If it's as accurate as my 40X, I think it was a great deal. The only reason I didn't buy it is because I just bought an HS Precision RDT. </div></div>

Correct, it is a 40x variant. Some 40x's do not have that designation stamped on it though. They cost about $2900 when I saw them a year ago in the stores. They should be capable of 1/2 MOA or better. It's something I would love to get, but can't justify it.

Tks for the help everyone!

Yes it has 40X stamped on the receiver and the action is slick compared to a factory Remy, actually it's slick compared to a lot of actions. Thats one of the reasons I did the impulse buy, I didn't spend anywhere near 2900.00, more like 2K. The stock is also very nice I did find out it's a BCS1000 (I think), not sure how/if it's bedded. One other thing I forgot to mention is the oversized bolt knob. (not a big deal) The trigger came from the factory set just over 5 lbs! But it was very easy to get down to 2 lbs and it feels very nice. It won't need a jewl.

I'm loading up some 155 Scenars w/Varget for it this week to see how it does. It's a nice looking gun, not sure if it's going to be 2K nice, but time will tell.