• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rep from Steiner?

LuckyDuck

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 4, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    Does the hide have a rep from Steiner that watches these threads? I'm at my limit dealing with their customer service and being ghosted. They produce amazing products and I'm not trying to come across as being disgruntled but I'm beyond frustrated getting a response from them to get a pair of bino's squared away.

-LD

Steiner is owned by Burris, so might help to contact them directly by calling them. Or, maybe BirdDog can help you out.
    Appreciate the comment but I've been trying that avenue for a while now- I'm just not having much luck resolving things.

-LD

Does the hide have a rep from Steiner that watches these threads? I'm at my limit dealing with their customer service and being ghosted. They produce amazing products and I'm not trying to come across as being disgruntled but I'm beyond frustrated getting a response from them to get a pair of bino's squared away.

-LD

Unfortunately, we pretty much ran off every manufacturer's rep. There were a handful.of active reps a decade ago when I joined this forum, Steiner and Burris included. They're all gone now. Scott at Vortex is the last of them, but his appearances are rare. And after getting dog piled for four pages over the Razor price increase, I wonder if he'll be back.

It's our loss.

Having said that, I'll do the best I can to help. I speak to the Burris brand manager pretty regularly, and I can forward your info. Hopscotching over CS and going to management. Did you submit this via the online portal? If you have a case number it would help.

PM me your contact info and case number if you have one and I'll do my best to help resolve your issue.

-LD
    I feel your pain. Steiner CS is horrific at best - lie after lie. Theyve lost me as a customer, and they couldnt care any less. Good luck getting your situation resolved, let us know how it culminates.

First off- I just wanted to thank everyone that responded back to my inquiry. I did end up shooting a PM to @Birddog6424 this evening explaining the situation and will see how that works out moving forward.

@gr8fuldoug I sincerely appreciate your offer to assist. I admittedly did not purchase the bino's from your company but your willingness to help out folks here on the Hide regardless of such speaks so highly of you and your business. I'd like to see how things pan out with @Birddog6424 connections first (understanding that you have a business to run) but if I end up back at square one, I'll likely take you up on your offer to assist on this matter. Thank you for throwing your hat in the ring to help me out truly.

@PJ65C - I'm sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with Steiner. It was never my intention to create a thread slinging mud at them as I mentioned before- I still believe that they make outstanding products and in some form or another I've been personally satisfied with the various models I've had the pleasure to use. Something broke down the line with my initial discussions with their customer service (which full disclosure, I received an immediate response from them on the same day as opening a ticket ) and if I'm being fair, it could just as likely be that I did something wrong on my end in trying to continue the conversation so I'm not going to talk down on an entire company that's well known and regarded for their products, I just was looking for an alternative communication channel to address whatever got broken in the initial discussion I had started with their CS. I remain confident that we'll get this addressed without further issues here soon largely due to the support here on the Hide.

The issue I'm trying to resolve (again to be fair) deals with a set a bino's purchased 15 years ago and have just now exhibited a minor issue that every manufacturer is susceptible to and I don't believe it's a question of quality as much as it's a routine maintenance effort.

@Birddog6424 - again thank you for your assistance. It's unfortunate to hear you recount how other vendors were scared off (I think "Quickdraw40" used to play intermediary for Steiner in the past and I recall the dogpile on Scott from Vortex not too long ago. Guess it's one of those 'no good deed goes unpunished' type of scenarios and that's a shame and a loss for the community as you pointed out.

Once again- greatly appreciate everyone chiming in with helpful suggestions.

-LD

Last edited:
    First off- I just wanted to thank everyone that responded back to my inquiry. I did end up shooting a PM to @Birddog6424 this evening explaining the situation and will see how that works out moving forward.

@gr8fuldoug I sincerely appreciate your offer to assist. I admittedly did not purchase the bino's from your company but your willingness to help out folks here on the Hide regardless of such speaks so highly of you and your business. I'd like to see how things pan out with @Birddog6424 connections first (understanding that you have a business to run) but if I end up back at square one, I'll likely take you up on your offer to assist on this matter. Thank you for throwing your hat in the ring to help me out truly.

@PJ65C - I'm sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with Steiner. It was never my intention to create a thread slinging mud at them as I mentioned before- I still believe that they make outstanding products and in some form or another I've been personally satisfied with the various models I've had the pleasure to use. Something broke down the line with my initial discussions with their customer service (which full disclosure, I received an immediate response from them on the same day as opening a ticket ) and if I'm being fair, it could just as likely be that I did something wrong on my end in trying to continue the conversation so I'm not going to talk down on an entire company that's well known and regarded for their products, I just was looking for an alternative communication channel to address whatever got broken in the initial discussion I had started with their CS. I remain confident that we'll get this addressed without further issues here soon largely due to the support here on the Hide.

The issue I'm trying to resolve (again to be fair) deals with a set a bino's purchased 15 years ago and have just now exhibited a minor issue that every manufacturer is susceptible to and I don't believe it's a question of quality as much as it's a routine maintenance effort.

@Birddog6426 - again thank you for your assistance. It's unfortunate to hear you recount how other vendors were scared off (I think "Quickdraw40" used to play intermediary for Steiner in the past and I recall the dogpile on Scott from Vortex not too long ago. Guess it's one of those 'no good deed goes unpunished' type of scenarios and that's a shame and a loss for the community as you pointed out.

Once again- greatly appreciate everyone chiming in with helpful suggestions.

-LD
    LD,

Understood, no worries. I, like you, tried the alternative path to communications and didnt get anywhere, so i wanted to briefly chime in. Please let us know what transpires with your binos, i hope it gets resolved quickly for you.

Reactions: LuckyDuck