• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Repairable?

whiteLiftedz71

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 4, 2006
Katy, TX
www.facebook.com
Edited for explanation, received an emergency call while posting this so never had time to add the explanation

This is a brand new shotgun after 300 rounds or 3 rounds of sporting clays. I broke it down to clean it and thats what I found. Beretta has "repaired" it and all they did was take a dremel a black sharpie to it.

Function is fine for now but the bolt is literally eating the rails away of a 1600$ shotgun and Im rather livid about the situation.

I missed two competitions while it was being repaired so Im out another 300$, never received an email or phone call about the repair or arrival and when they shipped it back to me they sent it in the exact box I used except well they were to lazy to tape it shut....

IMG_6821.jpg

Re: Repairable?

Yall will have to excuse my ignorance, but what is it? Is it adversely affecting functioning, or just buggered up the pretty paint job?

Anything can be fixed.....given enough money.

I see the a case stuck in what appears the stock, but I discern much else for the photo. A little more explanation or a better picture would be helpful

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longshot38</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see the a case stuck in what appears the stock, but I discern much else for the photo. A little more explanation or a better picture would be helpful </div></div>

Would removing the stock allow you to access the recoil tube and then remove the recoil/action spring to release tension? I'm guessing that the cartridge case is stuck. If that is not the issue please explain further.

Seems to be in the wrong Forum being a semi auto shotgun, nice explanation to the problem, but does the bur affect the cycling of the bolt? if you were to remove the bur would the bolt still function or bind? or are you pissed that your anodizing is marred inside your action where it will not be seen?
Curt

look at warranty repair.

yes, that can be cleaned up with a file or a dremel tool but my concern is its functionality. What caused this?

Was it one or two shots that caused it or is something misaligned, not assembled correctly?

Shoot the image to Beretta and see what they say. I've had a few AR uppers that apparently allowed slight contact of the bolt carrier key to remove a little aluminum including the anodizing, but they all ran properly so the marks were just cosmetic, and not really a big deal.

This is a brand new shotgun after 300 rounds or 3 rounds of sporting clays. I broke it down to clean it and thats what I found. Beretta has "repaired" it and all they did was take a dremel a black sharpie to it.

Function is fine for now but the bolt is literally eating the rails away of a 1600$ shotgun and Im rather livid about the situation.

I missed two competitions while it was being repaired so Im out another 300$, never received an email or phone call about the repair or arrival and when they shipped it back to me they sent it in the exact box I used except well they were to lazy to tape it shut....

Well... First, if it's a Shotgun that's NOT a stuck case unless someone stuffed a rifle cartridge in a shotgun. In which case all bets are off.
Now, about the wear. I would definitely be pissed about that on ANY firearm that only had 300 rounds thru it. I'd want them to replace it.

I was okay with a repair but after today the shotgun did not function properly after spending time at the repair facility which I would have AT LEAST figured they would have function checked it before shipping it back, but then again I would be repairing things with dremels and now after 25 rounds the sharpie has started to wear off and the bolt is indeed again "eating" the rails back off.

I cannot express how disappointed with Beretta I am. I have always loved their shotguns and have many Sako's but this may be the end of our relationship.