• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Repaired, but not repaired, ever happen to you? Updated

OH58DViper

Resumé- have Apache, lacks conscience, will travel
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
Just a little venting....

Have you ever sent an optic off to get fixed and it’s still fucked up when you get it back?

I had an erector break loose on me about a year ago, while at an outfitters confirming my zero if memory serves, and it went blurry above 5x. It’s a 5-25 BTW, so that clears up what the issue was. No big deal, I brought a back up rig. I send it off to Germany to get fixed and have them also fix the second rev stiffness....putting two and two together as to which company yet? It comes back in March (3-4 months later) but I was deployed so I didnt get my hands on it until last week. I level it out, mount it up, and start general zeroing via looking through the bore and comparing to the reticle. As I move from 5 power up to max I hear and audible click from inside the optic. I go back to 24 and hear it again. I look closely and I can barely make out a little reticle jump. So, I put the tenebraex cover on, turn up the illum and cycle between 24-25 power back and forth and the reticle jumps .3 to .5 Mils on a 10 O’ clock to 4 O’ clock axis. I make a video and send it into the company and ask for a new optic as I’ve lost faith and confidence in their maintenance and QC procedures. I am told to send it in again, looks like I’ll have to wait until after Valentine’s Day to see if they can un fuck it.

I imagine this will be going rather cheap in the EE as I dont think I could ever risk a $4K hunt on a questionable at best optic. It’s too bad because the glass is baller AF. Oh, the turrets feel great now as well, so I guess that’s a positive.....

I’ve never had an issue after repair on any other optics and I’ve had quite a few shit the bed on me. Anyone ever have a similar experience with repairs or do I just have the kind of luck that a man who gets dick cancer has?

ETA: So Blaser USA called today and said they are just gonna send me a new optic with the MR4 Reticle. I’m not near as pissy now. Feels like a win!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Danattherock
Sorry to hear about that but love the last line. I was talking to someone this past week that has a lot more information than most of us and it sounds like customs is holding up a lot of these Optics which increases the wait time significantly. Hopefully they'll get it sorted out for you.

I purchased a ruger 10/22 td and i needed a screwdriver to get the magazine to release so ruger said to send it back.I got it back with the same problem so i sent it back to them again and got it back a second time with same problem.I then took it apart and started to change parts with other 10/22 rifles and the bolt was no good so i asked ruger to send a new bolt and they told me to send the rifle back again.I had to send the rifle back 3 times, what a joke ruger has become.Now i just call Kidd Innovations for anything 10/22.

Last edited:
Reactions: deersniper
Clicks disappeared on my MTC turrets, sent it back, was returned quickly, and the turrets wouldn't dial up but 7-8 mils IIRC, while on the phone with the repair man to see if he could run me through a simple home fix the turret locked up completely so back it went. It came back fixed 100% and the Co paid shipping both times so the experience wasn't as frustrating as it could have been. Have used the scope many times since with no more problems.

This is exactly the reason I parted ways with the minox I had, the reticle was fucked and I was told it was gonna be months of waiting and said fuck that... I'm happy with my AMG and my NF 7-35 and if it shits the bed I don't have customs to deal with.

For the price that those cost that's unacceptable. I know things happen but they would just eat the cost and send you a new scope or cover the cost to ship it faster.

Reactions: deersniper
Yeah I think I’m done with these guys after the long maintenance turn around and poor QC procedures. I have an ATACR coming my way to take this ones place, I’ll most likely sell it too after this season is over and grab a ZCO.

I had an Athlon that had to go back twice. Finally got a new one and still need to mount and test it.

Stuff breaks, what irks me is spending money on ammo to diagnose the problem.

Yep Leupold Mark 4 my first "high end scope" wouldn't track after shooting. Back 3x tracks fine on bench, hand full of shots no more tracking, blamed on my high recoiling 308.... Then the "LE/MIL only scope" fiasco.... Finally sold it right after it came back the third time. I think it was replaced that time.

Buddy of mine bought a Minox brand new. Canted reticle. Sent in - came back with reticle fixed but turrets jacked up. Sent it in again and it came back unfixed. Sent it in again and finally got a good one. Took him a year to get a working scope.

Like Vortex/Nightforce or not, they'd have had a new scope in your hands in 2-3 weeks max.

I have to admit, my first Nikon, a Monarch 3 4x16, had an elev. turret come apart in my hand. They sent me a new Monarch and the windage turret fell apart on the bench the first outing with it. Returned that one also and they sent me a brand new M-223 4x16 model scope. That one stayed together for 4 years until I felt the need for more mag. and replaced it with a Vortex PST 5x25. So far, so good. I won't complain about CS from Nikon, just the inconvenience of spent ammo and mounting/dismounting the scopes. Mac:(

You are not alone. I think it is safe to say that has happened on most products, including scopes. It is all about quality. Every company uses the obvious buzz phrases, "Quality is #1" but then you get situations like this. Words like "Quality" are easy to say, the hard part is doing it. It's called integrity. Say what you do, do what you say.

I have a US Optics B-17 on a Knights SR-25 mounted in a Spuhr. I had fired about 500 rounds through the rifle. I drove to Louisiana and did some shooting and then drove back to Florida. When I was cleaning it I saw a bunch of specs on the reticle. I contacted USO and they said it was the finish inside the tube coming off and I sent it back. They were in Montana then so it took about 2.5 weeks to get it back. I remounted and could not get the scope to focus. Now I have a new problem, the parallax was not right so I had to send it back again. This time they overnighted it both ways and turned it through their shop the same day so I was only down a week. They volunteered to do that, I didn't have to get pissy with them. No problems since. Love the scope.

It is frustrating because I question the quality of their Quality Dept. Seriously, how does that happen? Again, it is about integrity. Hope all goes well and you get it back much sooner.

Just a little venting....

Have you ever sent an optic off to get fixed and it’s still fucked up when you get it back?

I had an erector break loose on me about a year ago, while at an outfitters confirming my zero if memory serves, and it went blurry above 5x. It’s a 5-25 BTW, so that clears up what the issue was. No big deal, I brought a back up rig. I send it off to Germany to get fixed and have them also fix the second rev stiffness....putting two and two together as to which company yet? It comes back in March (3-4 months later) but I was deployed so I didnt get my hands on it until last week. I level it out, mount it up, and start general zeroing via looking through the bore and comparing to the reticle. As I move from 5 power up to max I hear and audible click from inside the optic. I go back to 24 and hear it again. I look closely and I can barely make out a little reticle jump. So, I put the tenebraex cover on, turn up the illum and cycle between 24-25 power back and forth and the reticle jumps .3 to .5 Mils on a 10 O’ clock to 4 O’ clock axis. I make a video and send it into the company and ask for a new optic as I’ve lost faith and confidence in their maintenance and QC procedures. I am told to send it in again, looks like I’ll have to wait until after Valentine’s Day to see if they can un fuck it.

I imagine this will be going rather cheap in the EE as I dont think I could ever risk a $4K hunt on a questionable at best optic. It’s too bad because the glass is baller AF. Oh, the turrets feel great now as well, so I guess that’s a positive.....

I’ve never had an issue after repair on any other optics and I’ve had quite a few shit the bed on me. Anyone ever have a similar experience with repairs or do I just have the kind of luck that a man who gets dick cancer has?
Side kick has had to send 2 different scope back 3 times an they still will not track. To say the shits an bends are giving him heart burn is an understatement. He has stopped buying them (think he has 6-7 total) an now rely's on also ran's that have preformed just fine,...to date

I had a scope (not to be named, but rhymes with Schreiner) in a model similar to TSXi....when first released. I sent it back 3 times, and 3 times it came back, and still had problems. Not what I expected from a $2k optic. So I sold it, and have never recommended the brand to anyone.

Had to send a one PM2 back twice because it wouldn’t go parallax free and when it came back it’s elevation was jacked up and a different PM2 back for a similar issue. Just sent an ATACR back because the zero clutch was frozen stuck.
I love sending $3k scopes back while my $2k scopes seem to be fine.

Kimber 1911s. Had one that was totally fucked- then the frame cracked. They replaced it. 2nd one wouldnt function despite repeated trips to their custom shop. Finally sold it as a wall hanger.

You are not alone. I think it is safe to say that has happened on most products, including scopes. It is all about quality. Every company uses the obvious buzz phrases, "Quality is #1" but then you get situations like this. Words like "Quality" are easy to say, the hard part is doing it. It's called integrity. Say what you do, do what you say.

I have a US Optics B-17 on a Knights SR-25 mounted in a Spuhr. I had fired about 500 rounds through the rifle. I drove to Louisiana and did some shooting and then drove back to Florida. When I was cleaning it I saw a bunch of specs on the reticle. I contacted USO and they said it was the finish inside the tube coming off and I sent it back. They were in Montana then so it took about 2.5 weeks to get it back. I remounted and could not get the scope to focus. Now I have a new problem, the parallax was not right so I had to send it back again. This time they overnighted it both ways and turned it through their shop the same day so I was only down a week. They volunteered to do that, I didn't have to get pissy with them. No problems since. Love the scope.

It is frustrating because I question the quality of their Quality Dept. Seriously, how does that happen? Again, it is about integrity. Hope all goes well and you get it back much sooner.

I also had issues with USO, I once had to send a scope back 3 times!! because it had chunks of brown Cardboard inside the fucking bell.

I was also I short time owner of a Minox, I give credit it to Mike at CS Tactical for promptly replacing the problem but is was enough to put me off. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but all my future purchases will be with Vortex or Nightforce.

Last edited: