• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Repairing an AR TEL Vietnam Era scope

tokiwartooth

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2012
Hixson, Tennessee
Does anyone know anyone or anyplace besides Ironsights that works on these scopes (basically Redfield 3x9s with a ballistic cam)?
I've got one where the knurled nut that allows you to easily rotate the cam won't screw down. It doesn't screw out as it's held is with a c-clip or some other means. The scope basically works. I've tried screwing the eyepiece off, but they put a retaining ring on so you can't take it off. Without taking off the eyepiece, I can't remove the cam assembly to get in there and see what's going on. I screwed off the outer most lens (I have ring wrenches, done some work on scopes), but there is another retaining ring right under that with no notches cut into it, so.... Can't get the eyepiece off.

Spoke to Ironsights (who already has 1 of my 3 ART IIs) and they gave me the old 12 -14 months turnaround. WTF... So, any help would be appreciated.

Forget Parsons... Don't do Redfields and they took 16 months to get me my M84 back after they quoted me 6 weeks.
Bill Biller in PA is sick.

How about this guy Bill Ackerman in AZ? Anyone know how is work is?

Thanks..

Last edited: