• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

repeater 40X type actions

steve123

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2008
none of your business
Seems like it's been years since I've been waiting for a reliable custom 40X type repeater action to come out but still haven't read anywhere about a real life working example.

My intent is to build one to the same spec as my R700 based MAK tube kit tactical rifle for training on the cheap.

I'm not interested in attempting a rework of a used 40X/40XB action and all the hassles of ordering all the parts and gunsmithing to get mags and everything else working properly.

Any working examples out there ???

Thanks

Re: repeater 40X type actions

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Skunkworks </div></div>

http://www.undergroundsw.com/page16.php

Looks like they either have to update their website or they aren't for sale yet.I just want a barreled action and magazine hanger with a couple mags.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Skunkworks </div></div>

http://www.undergroundsw.com/page16.php

Looks like they either have to update their website or they aren't for sale yet.I just want a barreled action and magazine hanger with a couple mags.

Thanks </div></div>

OK I called and got the scoop from Mike about his 40X style rimfire actions.There's still some things that need finishing up with mags and such.He's thinking end of the year at this point.

The Hall rimfire action

And got the scoop on the Hall repeater action.It's not the same exterior dimensions as a 40X and from what I gathered the screw spacing is different.Apparently GAP has built a few trainers off this action and know the intricacies involved in making it work in R700 aftermarket stocks.It uses Sako 5 or 10 round mags.

I called Stiller also.Nope,ain't ready either for the repeater because of working out feeding issues.

So we have a no and a kinda and for another a big nada!