• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Replacement for MRAD bolt handle knob

Sgtsideways

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2021
Usa
Does anyone know if there are any replacement bolt handle knobs that I can swap out for the round knob that comes with the Barrett MRAD? I would like to have a longer tapered replacement instead of the ball. Not sure of the threading on the Barrett. Thanks.

Suggestion to check out Catalyst Arms and look at their bolt knobs. And check Area419 for what they have to offer.

Have you taken the knob off and measured it?
Hi Mike,
Yes, I have and it's an odd ball. 1/4" with 20tpi.
Suggestion to check out Catalyst Arms and look at their bolt knobs. And check Area419 for what they have to offer.
Yeah Pablo, I checked them out and they do not make a knob with the above dimensions. Other problem is going to be the folding stock. So it's looking like a no go just on that alone.

I just bought an MRAD, and plan on making a few parts for it. A new bolt knob was on the list. Let me see what I can come up with, and I may make a small run of them.

I just bought an MRAD, and plan on making a few parts for it. A new bolt knob was on the list. Let me see what I can come up with, and I may make a small run of them.
Sounds good and will look forward to that. If it works out, I think it will be a popular upgrade.

Did you ever get this project going?

20240406_165602.jpg
20240406_165553.jpg

I asked the seller of he could do 1/4 x 20, he said yes. I ordered and mentioned in the notes. He had it in the mail 2 days later