• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Replacement for the Bushnell 3-12 LSRTi

Scarface26

knuckle dragger
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Southeast OK
Gents,

Who makes something comparable to the scope in the title, since Bushnell no longer does?

Gotta be illuminated with a tree reticle and can't be made in China.

God bless America

Reactions: cnwrobb
Ain't too many options.
Vortex Razor LHT 4.5-22
Nightforce NX8 2.5-20 or 4-32

Depending on your budget there's always a TT or a ZCO at the high end.

Apex Optics has a 3-15 FFP coming out soon which is meant to fit the niche of the old Bushnell.

Athlon Optics has a couple of similars scopes but all made in China.

Trijicon Credo 2-10x36. SWFA had one in MOA for 500 something.

Weaver 2-10x36 can't find them mostly either.

Vortex Razor LH 2-10x40 Cant find them either.

Its funny how everyone is looking for a "hunting scope" but all the best hunting scopes don't make it because no one buys them. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I wish there was something similar to the Athlon Helos 2-12x42 made in Japan with ED glass.

The dot is fairly large and it's easy to pick up the center with the donut ring even at low mag with a dark background.

It's still good enough to hit steel at 1000 yards too.

A similar Razor LHT would most likely weight under 20 oz too. Perfect hunting scope imo but still usuable for long range shooting.

Reactions: VandelayIndustries
How about the Swfa 5-20? I haven’t used the 5-20 yet but my Swfa 3-9’s have all been solid. I have a couple of the bushnell 3-12s and they are one of my favorites for sure.

Here is to holding out that whatever new scope line SWFA is releasing will fill this niche you are asking about.

Reactions: BCP

Holy price batman…..

Im not a huge fan and the Mk5 3.6-18 isnt awful. But costs a plenty.

Or the Burris 3-18.
6 oz more than my non illum Bushy 3-12 isnt terrible.

Reactions: jumrobe
What sort of weight was your Bushnell 3-12 LSRTi? Can’t find the specs.

There’s the Steiner 2.5-15x50 (32oz) and 3-18x56 (34.4oz), but I fear they will be too heavy.

S&B has some FFP hunting scopes…$$$$

Holy price batman…..

Im not a huge fan and the Mk5 3.6-18 isnt awful. But costs a plenty.

Or the Burris 3-18.
6 oz more than my non illum Bushy 3-12 isnt terrible.
It’s not that bad from where you actually buy it. Not sure why he said they were in stock at gap and then link to the manufacturer where you cant

Reactions: powdahound76
I have the LRTS 4.5-18.

The donut works for hunting for the rare PB or under 100 yds off hand shot and isnt needed otherwise, for me anyways.

I do run the 3-12 LRHS on 2 hunting rifles.
I dont need illum so that works dandy for me. 😎

FFP world there isn’t much. I’ve been down this rabbit hole for a long time.
1. Find used LRHS/LRTS
2. Pick your different scope and piggyback a rmr
3. Pray someone comes out with something similar to what the LRHS was.

Well, just as I suspected. I looked at the ATACR but I'm a poor. Besides, the no tree means I can't be a delta seal ninja operator, and without an illuminated tree reticle i just can't wear my $300 Crye pants.

In all seriousness, the tree probably isn't a deal breaker, but I would prefer the scope have one. So many offer their variant, and I'm running the Bushnell scopes on three of my rifles right now and I like their reticle. I have considered the SWFA 5-20, and it's tempting, but for a few bucks more I could get the Bushnell DMR 2 (LE/Mil price is pretty good) and it has the desired reticle.

I also purchased the LRHSi form a hide member, and it's great, but the Gap model doesn't have illumination, which takes it off the list. For now.

Thanks for all the input, gents. Appreciate you guys.

God bless America

Yep. I’m hoping SWFA makes an HD version of a 3-12 or 3-15. Would love a FFP/Tree reticle with 10 mil turrets and zero stop. Parallax down to 10Y but could live with 25Y. Weight around 25 ounces or less if possible.