• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Replacement guncase foam -

cal50

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2009
Ohio
I have a starlight rifle case and need replacement foam. Any options for gun case foam or better off getting factory replacement?

This is what happens when you cut foam for a pair of ar15's and later switch platforms.....

Did you ever consider getting a nylon soft case to fit inside the hardcase? That way when you change your system you don't have to waste all that money on foam...

The only way I know to do it is get the foam replacement set. When I had to order the set for some Storms and Pelicans they were around $80 a set and you can't buy individual pieces. Starlight may be different though, I would give them and/or a starlight dealer a call.

+1 on the nylon gun case.

Google closed cell foam, there is a place out of Michigan that has good prices. I have two of the starlight cases and I bought my foam from them. I think it was around $40 shipped for each one.

Not sure what model you have, but mine has 2 thick layers of foam. I would just put the cut piece on the bottom and cut the other piece to fit your current setup.

My case is the 13 X 52" / 061352 model and the factory foam is around $50 not including any tax or shipping. Pretty high IMHO for a chunk of foam.
I like the gun case idea......its got me thinking.

+1 on nylon case in the hard case too

I only use the hard case for the airline or long bumpy trips. Once I get to the destination. I'll put the rifle together and just strap the soft case on my ruck (Eberlestock). Then all based on the situation.

I went with a local case maker by me to do my pelican. They used the noodle foam for pool toys and custom cut it out to fit everything I keep in my rifls case. It cost me $100 ehich is not much more than the cheap pluck foam... if you can swing it, I think youll be very pleased in the longrun.

Not sure how dimensionally different the Starlight is from the Pelican 1750, if I remember correctly my 50cal is in a Starlight and it's slightly bigger than a 1750. I know Cheaper than Dirt has pissed off alot of people on this forum, but I"ve bought replacement foam sets from them for the 1750s for I want to say $65 a set or so.
I got ahold of a bunch of 1750 cases without foam and talked to Foam Factory and even got foam samples from them. They were awesome to deal with, but I just didn't feel like going through the hassle of custom ordering all the different thicknesses and materials.