• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Replacement M700 bolts

slowworm

Low speed, High Drag
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2004
New Hampshire
Does anyone know where I could get an M700 SA magnum bolt, other than PTG?

I’m toying with getting a 6.5 PRC barrel to replace my 260 which is about 50% done. A custom action would be nice, but that’s not in cards for a year or two.

Could I get the .473 bolt opened up?

Thanks.

Does anyone know where I could get an M700 SA magnum bolt, other than PTG?

I’m toying with getting a 6.5 PRC barrel to replace my 260 which is about 50% done. A custom action would be nice, but that’s not in cards for a year or two.

Could I get the .473 bolt opened up?

Thanks.

Very, very good bolt with arguably the best extractor design on the market, bayonet style striker assembly removal and excellent surface finishes.

./

Yes your bolt face can be opened up and an M16 extractor installed.
The PTG bolts works, I like the one I got..good fit and finish, on a trued reciever...full lug contact...handles my high pressure hand loads. Used it to complete my 6 Dasher build.
The SA 700 Remington bolt is available here and there but very spotty. Brunos, Midwest Gun Works, Midway USA, Brownells.

Macbros for the Win!

PTG….No, you have been warned.
Yeah - too many PTG horror stories.

Those bolts do look nice. Looks like I have a solution. I'll probably send the stock bolt to LRI for a handle installation. I think LRI does extractor upgrades too.

Thanks all.

I've been using PTG one-piece custom bolts in both short & long M700 actions for more than a decade. I've used bolts with straight & swept bolt handles, and have ordered most of them with the small (.061") firing pin hole and with the appropriate striker assembly. Went with mini-16 extractor on all. Never had an issue with any of these bolts, aside from multi-month wait time on a few of them over the years. And yes - I've had some issues with orders for other PTG products, and it's sometimes pretty tough to get to speak with a sales rep that really knows what he or she are talking about. But OTOH, the last order I placed with them for some short action Stealth DBM units was painless, and I received them within a month of placing the order, even though they weren't in stock when the order was placed.

Reactions: 45-90