• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Replacement Remington 700 bolt

SupressYourself

Hillbilly Intellectual
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2017
Eastern ND
I have a left-hand Remington 700 LA in 7mm Rem Mag, which is a .540 bolt face. I'd like to get a Remage barrel and turn it into .470 bolt face caliber. Is PTG pretty much the only place to source replacement bolts?

Last edited:
Yeah, I see they want 350-400 for just the bolt. That's a bit much. You can buy a complete new 700 ADL for like 500.
Oh, I forgot to mention, it needs to be left-handed too. It's looking like I'll need to get lucky.

That's actually not a bad idea. I may see if I can find a used 270 or 30-06 somewhere and buy it for the bolt. I suppose it would make sense to just use that action as well, but I have the current one bedded into a stock that I've put a lot of work into.
Or maybe this is all really dumb, and I should just stick with the .540 bolt and rebarrel to 6.5 PRC or something.