• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Replacement STEEL bottom metal for Rem 700.....

Re: Replacement STEEL bottom metal for Rem 700.....

Williams, very nice product and affordable.
I have used one from Dakota on a Rem LA I had, it was a very very nice piece but had a nice price tag attached to it.

here are some pics from their site

Full line
bottommetal1.jpg

Tactical Model
bottomsideangle.jpg

shop045.jpg

I have a Williams and have to say its very nice. Great machining, easy opening, and good price too. I had my 'smith install so not sure of the process although the stock shows no inletting I can see. They make different models depending on your stock.

I picked up one of the PTG tactical models and its very nice

My vote goes to Williams for drop in fit and cost. If you tell them what stock (i.e HS, McMillan, factory Remington wood) they will hook you up. Sure you could buy a Badger, Sunny Hill or Dakota but why spend the extra if you are on a budget.

I bought one for my 700P and it was a nice snug fit. Only had to trim the internal magazine a little to keep from hitting, no big deal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sommers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I picked up one of the PTG tactical models and its very nice </div></div>

+1

2 words: Williams, Williams, Williams. If you go with anyone else, you made a mistake. Check Brownell's and Midway and buy from whoevers got it cheaper.

PT&G is as good as it gets with Remington one piece trigger guards. Steel or aluminum, tactical or sporting, all great pieces. As far as "drop in fit" stocks vary, even from the same maker, but the PT&G's have a draft angle for a reliable fit.

I ordered a williams a month ago. It's on backorder, I believe they told me 8 weeks but I can't prove it.