• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Replacement stock for Stevens 200

Heretic

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2011
Las Vegas
Hi folks,

I have a Stevens 200 in .243 with a sporter barrel. I'm interested in getting a replacement stock for it but would like to keep the cost around $200. Is that even possible? The spacing of the receiver screws is 4.25, (at least that what it looks like from center to center with my caliper). Blind mag, staggered feed.

Stockys can get a Manners but $500 is too steep for me. Should I just have it bedded?

Can anyone offer suggestions/experience? The rifle is used 90% of the time for coyote, 10% paper punching.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Replacement stock for Stevens 200

You can get a Boyds laminated wood stock for much less than $200. It'd be a much better choice for bedding later on.

Stockys carried them last time I checked.

I visited their site and called. CS seemed helpful and I picked a stock. Ships Monday. Thank you!

I had a Bell & Carlson on a short-action stagger-feed Savage. It certainly was no Manners, but it didn't totally suck, either.

I know you already ordered from Stocky, but I'll also throw Stockade out there. I really like my Pdog/Tactical. I got it as a money saver for not much over your budget.

S8000416.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: geargrinder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know you already ordered from Stocky, but I'll also throw Stockade out there. I really like my Pdog/Tactical. I got it as a money saver for not much over your budget.

S8000416.jpg

</div></div>
This is probably the route I am going to go. But I have a Choate Tactical that iam going to try for the time being.

not to throw this off topic but how do you like the money saver? what did you have to do to get it ready to go?

It want real quick. Just a bit of sanding and bondo on the seam. It was ready for paint in less than an hour.

It takes longer to order the stock than it did to get it ready for paint. Kevin likes to talk.
grin.gif

+1 for Stockade and Kevin Rayhill. I bought a money saver Mule Deer from him and if I wouldn't have added texture to the grip and forend it would have been ready for paint in 5 minutes. They are great stocks and Kevin is a great stand up guy.