• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Replacement stock options for TRG-22

vellnueve

Private
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2023
FL
I think this is my first post here although I've used this forum as a reference for some time. I have not commonly shot precision rifles before, most of my activity is either competitive skeet or minimally competitive USPSA, with a little 3-gun. The only thing close to a precision rifle that I have owned before is a Remington 700P (the one with the 26" fluted barrel) with a Leupold Mark IV fixed 16X. The only other rifle I shoot at long range is an M82A1 but that's not a precision rifle.

I recently purchased a used but very nice condition Alabama police trade TRG-22 in .308, 20" (not sure if it's pre or post 2013, not sure if that matters for this question). It came with the previous agency's picatinny base and Atlas bipod adapter still in place, and I elected to keep those in place. I'm not sure why I bought it other than it was a relatively good price at $2000, but figured it might be a way for me to expand my shooting skills into an area I've never really explored much before.

I mounted a Zeiss LRP S3 6-36x56 on Seekins rings and a Atlas bipod, and took it out for the first time today. On the 200yd range (measured 188 yards with my cheap vortex rangefinder) I was able to shoot a couple of decent-for-me groups (one 3 shot group about .75" and one 4 shot group just over an inch) but found that the buttstock was limiting for me; I would like the ability to add a monopod and adjust the comb and length of pull a little more easily without having to buy or use the spacers.

I saw that KRG offers both fixed and and folding options that replace the buttstock on a TRG-22, and searching this site it seems like they generally have a good reputation, plus they offer a military discount. (I also saw that many people recommend Snyder Precision as a dealer but they don't appear to carry this particular item). I'm not sure I need the folding option but it appears to have all the adjustability I'm looking for, and for $200 more for the folder over the fixed, the folder seems like a no-brainer.

Before I go down that rabbit hole I wanted to see if there are any other suggestions or options for TRG stocks. I know that Sako has a factory folder but that it's also insanely expensive.

Bang for buck, the KRG folder is the way to go though IMO the stock stock with correct spacers is hard to beat.

Cheap spacers = plastic cutting board.
Or have someone 3D print them for you.

Your question has been asked before...

A rear bag would serve you better than a mono pod, but YMMV.

Oh, and welcome to the TRG family! ;-)

Thanks for the reply. I don’t hate the factory stock, I’d just like to have more adjustability on the fly. Watching to see what Beretta has for BF sales.

I forgot that sandbags exist and will have to look into them. I used to have a set of cheap ones but no idea what box they’re in in the garage. Still would love to have the option available. I was looking into the Atlas adapter as well to install a rail and monopod.

After reading your post I googled .stl files for TRG spacers and found risers and spacers. I have a printer and will have to try some of these out.

The KRG definitely looks awesome though and I think I might end up with one regardless.

Last edited:
Reactions: CerebralDistortion
Have a look through these:

Anything and everything worth reading is in there. Almost.

Labour day sales at Beretta is worth waiting for and IIRC gives you time to tuck away some money.