• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Replacement stocks for M1A's

Tex1970

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2008
Seattle, Washington . USA
confused.gif
I have a great M1a that is really accurate, but I have short arms and need to replace the stock, so I am not constantly reaching for the scope. I am wondering two things does anyone know of standard wood stocks that are shorter, and if not has anyone had real world experience with the Sage, Troy,or Veltor systems? And any heads up which is best or which ones to stay away from. I am open to any and all suggestions. I love the gun but hate having to constantly be reaching, any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any responses.
Tex

Re: Replacement stocks for M1A's

thanks BigBoss0311 I will call, was just looking at the Gen1 and Gen2 JAE stocks as well all are really nice but sound heavy and I guess only the Gen2 is designed for use of open sights. Good and bad points to everything. Thanks

Oh, and I personally have a Sage Mod 1 on my M1A Scout. Love it.

Tex1970,
I have a McCann's Carbon Fiber Stock on my M1A Scout and I love it.
It's lightweight, stout as hell and you can adapt any AR-15 stock to it.
Good luck, Mike.