• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Replacement trigger for M&P 15-22?

Patton63

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2006
Northern Virginia
Anyone replaced the trigger on their M&P 15-22. I understand that it will take a standard AR trigger group and am considering replacing the somewhat heavy/gritty trigger on mine with something like a Jard drop-in.

Just curious if anyone has replaced their triggers and, if so, what you used.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Re: Replacement trigger for M&P 15-22?

I've run a M&P15-22 with the Wilson Combat TTU trigger, and it worked great. Its amazing how my better these rifles "shoot" when you get a decent trigger in them!

Great thing about the TTU is the ease of installation. The time I shot the M&P15-22 with it, we simply removed it from my AR15, and stuck it in the M&P15-22 for the range session. Its that simple.

I used a Rock River 2-stage that I had in the "parts bin" and it works great! I did change out the hammer & trigger springs, using the original S&W spring set. Though I did not try the original RR spring set, it seemed like a logical move as the S&W originals are a might weaker.

The concern was twofold:
o .22 RF overcoming the stronger hammer spring (supplied with the RR) at point of firing/blow-back.
o the hammer driving the FP through the case rim into the barrel face when the trigger is pulled.

Kevin

Spike's Battle Trigger - $59.95, JP Reduced Power Spring Kit $10. It's not a target rifle so nothing more is needed. Or buy the springs and polish the parts yourself.

Thanks for your thoughts. I ended up putting in a Timney drop-in trigger system. I took it to the range today and it was really a nice change from the factory trigger.