• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Replacing a Remington Bolt Handle. Going from tactical back to original.

libertyman777

Are you gonna eat that....
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2007
Heflin, Alabama
How hard is this to do? I've got a deal on a barreled action but I want to drop it into an m40 stock so the aftermarket knob has to go.
Thanks,
Paul

Pretty sure Remington sells the bolt handle.

after that get someone knowledgeable to time it and silver solder it on.

or place a WTB for a damaged bolt and have the old handle removed and use it on your build.

That old man dig was at @pmclaine.

Seriously though. Get it timed and TIGed by LRI.

It improves extraction and is bombproof. Solder works pretty well historically, but does fail from time to time.

That old man dig was at @pmclaine.

Seriously though. Get it timed and TIGed by LRI.

It improves extraction and is bombproof. Solder works pretty well historically, but does fail from time to time.

Seen one rip off at a class at Sig.

Was a pretty good looking XM-3 clone build and the handle just came clean of the bolt body.

Thats why I wasnt surprised to see them in the Remington catalog.

and 51 is not that old. Im like a new man, less asshole than I was at the beginning of the month.

How hard is this to do? I've got a deal on a barreled action but I want to drop it into an m40 stock so the aftermarket knob has to go.
Thanks,
Paul
Desolder bolt handle. Install factory bolt handle. Be sure to use plenty of paste to prevent changing the metallurgical properties of the bolt steel.

Please drop some PICTURES of end result and who ended up doing it

Just tell us you got our number off the stall at a truck stop. :)
Laughing,
I had a bud call you to try an find out about a Nesika he was having major issue with an could not get them to answer the phone or emails. He relayed the message you left of the head guys answering machine when you tried to call them. I/we still laugh about that to this day. He did get them on the phone thanks to you, shipped it to them an it was returned corrected N/C. If he forget to tell you thanks I'll say it for him now, Thanks.
If your ever in bama I know a few places you won't be hearing banjos or having to think about Ned Beatty wearing spandex,....

Reactions: LRI
It's actually written on the shower walls at this truck stop.

Flying J Franchise
4200 N I-90 Service Rd Exit 61 I-90 Exit 61, Rapid City, SD 57701
(605) 342-5450

Someone punched a glory hole right in the middle of the phone number/address at my local rest area.

Than there is some sort of cloudy substance that obscures the rest of the info.

Id suggest business cards in the future.

Reactions: LRI