• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Replacing broken Anvis-9 PAS

TNVC_Will

Commercial Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2018
The ole lady dropped our new to us Anvis-9 and the PAS/shelf is kaput. Happened when she was deploying them from stowed they popped out of the Anvis mount. I'm trying to do a DIY repair but can't figure out how to remove the monoculars, etc. to swap in a new PAS. It appears I need to remove the IP knobs to slide the screws out but I don't see any clips/rings/retainers holding them on. Don't want to damage any parts I might need for the swap.

Not going to piss away any more money on this thing unless I can do it myself. I've already been quoted minimum $700 to repair and I'm not spending $700 when odds are high the same thing will happen again. If it's ITAR sensitive info (which I find hard to believe) then please IM me.

Other option is to junk it and get a Mod-3 or RNVG with anvis option. Lessons learned. #1 Always always always lanyard your stuff. #2 be more careful with Anvis ball detent/plunger goggles #3 Anvis-6/9s are not a good option for ground users. I'm sure the same or worse damage would happen if you smacked them against a wall, car door frame, etc.

Help would be sincerely appreciated
[url=https://ibb.co/z7K78mL] [/URL]

take the tubes out and move on to another bino setup. there are some that take the anvis optics and are cheaper than a whole ass raping

That's rough. Definitely makes me want to stick with the RNVG route.

That's rough. Definitely makes me want to stick with the RNVG route.

Most definitely RNVGs are the way to go for durability. It’s too bad because they’re light as hell. Only 17.6oz but that lightness comes a price, lol.

That’s a cheap fix man. Very cheap actually. I have been building Anvis for years and could do that for you no problem. You’ll probably need a new ribbon cable and bridge and that’s all. Pm me if you want me to do it for you.

Jay

Reactions: TNVC_Will
Will do! I epoxied it last night and it seems pretty solid. Will run it harder this weekend to see how it holds up. Definitely will PM you